any word/rumors on LOTR - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 09-03-2007, 12:08 PM

Default any word/rumors on LOTR

i am starting to get impatient....i really want to see it in true hd
Old 09-03-2007, 12:11 PM
formerly "SpazMedicine"

if you are getting impatient now, you're in trouble. it is not coming any time soon.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:22 PM

that's not what i was hoping to hear....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazMedicine View Post
if you are getting impatient now, you're in trouble. it is not coming any time soon.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm hoping something gets announced soon!
Old 09-03-2007, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingproof73 View Post
I'm hoping something gets announced soon!
I'm optimistic.

I asked a certain HD DVD 'Insider' some time back if knew of any big releases were coming, and he answered back that I shouldn't ask him about upcoming releases or he would have "throw a number at me or use the L word". I assumed the movie '300' was "the number", and its release was announced a few weeks later, and I don't think the "L word" referred to that series that was on Showtime. For what it's worth, in think LOTR is already encoded and ready to go for HD DVD - it's just up to Warner/New Line what timing makes the best sense for them.

Warner picked the release of POTC 1 & 2 to throw The Matrix Trilogy release up against it. So, well, I'm Optimistic.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:24 PM

If it's a rumour you want then I'm saying LOTR will be out next summer, with the extended versions out next Xmas/Spring '09.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:05 PM

Lotr is owned by New Line I believe, but I dont think New Line has made the jump into HD or BD yet.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:10 PM

The bottom line is they are being made as we speak, that much we do know so as far as I am concerned the longer they take to come out the better they are going to be. We know that Peter Jackson was overseeing this project personally and we also know that Peter Jackson is a very busy dude these days thus I am almost postive that he cannot just devote his time to this project and only this project thus its going to take more time than an ordianary project would. In all honesty I dont epxect to see this set until this time next year and It doesnt bother me in the least. The last thing I want is for them to rush this series to market and inso doing bringing us a less then stallar result. Again IMO the longer this set takes to come out the better because that means they are putting in alot of time into making sure this is the best HD release to date.

I just hope they release both the theatrical and expanded editions as it would really suck if the theatrical releases were snubbed in favor of the extended. I think they will because it only means more money for the studio if they release both versions. As long as I can get the Theatrical version of Fellowship and the extended versions of Two Towers and Return of the King ill be a happy man.
Old 09-03-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Enemy View Post
Lotr is owned by New Line I believe, but I dont think New Line has made the jump into HD or BD yet.
Right. They've said 'Hairspray' will be their first release on High Def - both HD DVD & Blu-ray. They haven't given any hints as to their 2nd release.
Old 09-03-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeTheatreFreak View Post
The bottom line is they are being made as we speak, that much we do know so as far as I am concerned the longer they take to come out the better they are going to be. We know that Peter Jackson was overseeing this project personally and we also know that Peter Jackson is a very busy dude these days thus I am almost postive that he cannot just devote his time to this project and only this project thus its going to take more time than an ordianary project would. In all honesty I dont epxect to see this set until this time next year and It doesnt bother me in the least. The last thing I want is for them to rush this series to market and inso doing bringing us a less then stallar result. Again IMO the longer this set takes to come out the better because that means they are putting in alot of time into making sure this is the best HD release to date.

I just hope they release both the theatrical and expanded editions as it would really suck if the theatrical releases were snubbed in favor of the extended. I think they will because it only means more money for the studio if they release both versions. As long as I can get the Theatrical version of Fellowship and the extended versions of Two Towers and Return of the King ill be a happy man.
Why do you want the Theatrical edition of Fellowship of the Ring instead of the Extended Edition?