Problem with Heroes HD-DVD disc 2? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-28-2007, 08:13 PM

Default Problem with Heroes HD-DVD disc 2?

I received my copy of the Heroes HD yesterday and was attempting to watch it on my 360 HD-Drive when I ran into a problem. Started the second disc watched one episode and then shut it off for the night. This morning I turned it on and had a message about a "cookie" that needed to be saved. I accepted it, and then tried to continue watching the HD. When I selected the HD-DVD option on the dashboard I got a black screen with a red "windows" like box that said loading. It sat there for 10 minutes while a bar ran across the screen, and then hung. Now every time I put the disk in and try watching it the system locks up. I tried disc 1 & 3 and they seem to work fine.

So basically my question is has anyone else had this problem? Or do I have a defective disc 2?
Old 08-28-2007, 08:35 PM

not that problem, but a problem (a20 and disc2).... i cant access the web features..

i got to the login menu once .. made a user name and pass , it said that it couldnt contact the server

so i tried the genetic thing.... screen went black .. had to eject, now everytime i try the online features the screen just goes black and nothing happens

the player doesnt lock up, but all i can do is eject the disc.. no getting back tot he menu or anything.

wonder if its related?

i am willing to bet there will be a firmware update shortly.

edit: i can still watch the disc with no problems though
Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM

UPDATE: solution to arkyte and anyone else having this problem (regardless of player i suspect)

i went into persistent storage of my player and have some warner and paramount stuff.. then something labeled 'unknown' , so i deleted that

when i reloaded the heroes disc the web features and everything worked .... i have a suspicion that the 'unknown' was the cookie or software installed via the heroes disc that somehow became corrupt and caused errors with the web application itself

so on the 360.. go to the hd dvd memory on the settings blade and delete any 'unknown' files, then reload the disc and it will re-install the cookie or software (whichever it may be) and you should have no more problems

good luck
Old 08-28-2007, 09:23 PM

I have a bad feeling that there are going to be problems with this set.
mainly because all of this is so new.
1 reviewer has already had problems, now you and this other person. Yikes!!
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Thanks for the help half-sane, it worked... almost.

I was at first able to do the download center, but then it wouldnt let me do the genetic abilities test. It would have me confirm the TOS and the privacy policy, but then the screen would freeze (player wouldnt, though) and I'd have to stop the disc and hit play again. Cleared the storage, tried the abilities test, jumped right in after the info was input (no TOS or privacy policy). Backed out, went to the download center, asked for the TOS and privacy, did that, screen froze again. Went back, deleted the unknowns, and now I cant get into EITHER unless i retrieve the account first, and it launches me straight in. It's that goddamn privacy policy and terms of service. Universal better have a fix for this, quickly, because I've NEVER had a problem with my hd-a1 and compatibility, but if they mess this up after dropping the money on this set, I'm going to be really upset.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:37 PM

it will get ironed out im positive

the past has certainly shown this to be true
Old 08-29-2007, 02:20 AM

All of this is new technology. There are bound to be problems here and there. It would be abnormal if there werent problems. If there are probems they will be addressed.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 AM

With my 360 add on it worked fine. It took some time with that loading screen, but 2 minutes max. After that it was no problem and the registering worked fine and so did the web enabled features.
Old 08-29-2007, 05:25 AM

So when I stuck in disc two.. a nice colorful loading screen came up and the dreaded 408bc00c error( I guess this has shown up on King Kong withe A2/ xA2 players, I have the XA2).. I went to setup and tried to delete the unknown in storage and it would not let me... removed the disc, held down the power button ( thinking this may reset the machine).. got back into the setup.. was able to delete the unknown and tried the disc again. Blank screen and the disc time was going up to 21 seconds... then 3 then to 20... This led me to believe that the glitch in the warning labels. I kept hitting enter on the remote and the menu finally came up... I went to the web enabled features and get a message..." in order to use the web enabled features please hook up to the internet and restart the disc "... going to recheck all my connections again to see if that was the issue...
Old 08-29-2007, 05:35 AM

Hey Guys... it looks like a Update for the Toshiba XA2 is available.. I clicked on update and it's downloading a new firmware ( I did have the latest firmware update right before Blood Diamond came out ) ... unless I may have reset the player when I held down the power button .. So it's downloading and I can't find any info on the net about it... maybe something will come up.

**EDIT** I guess there was a update posted on Aug 9th.. (showthread.php?t=14607) ... Ok.. I just jumped the gun.... nevermind...