Does Blockbuster online rent HD DVD's or only BLU? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-28-2007, 03:32 AM

Default Does Blockbuster online rent HD DVD's or only BLU?

I had no idea where to ask this...not really a smackdown question, just curious if block rents hd dvd's? i'm at netflix and i like it, but i live one block from a blockbuster and might switch to do the instore exchange (i know they only carry bluray instore).

So anyone know?
Old 08-28-2007, 04:05 AM

HD DVD's are only available via Blockbuster Online... Not in their stores. I believe only 252 Stores in USA carry HD DVDs, but they should be explaining on it by the end of the air --- so as of right now, Blockbuster.com is the best place to go.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:57 AM

I Use the Blockbuster online service in the UK and they support both HD and Blu Ray

Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Enemy View Post
HD DVD's are only available via Blockbuster Online... Not in their stores. I believe only 252 Stores in USA carry HD DVDs, but they should be explaining on it by the end of the air --- so as of right now, Blockbuster.com is the best place to go.
Not true. I live in San Diego, CA and there are two stores near me that rent HD as well as Blu ray. They each had both formats before BB announced that they were going to place Blu ray in 1500 other stores in the USA. Originally the inventory of both HD and Blu ray had about 40 -50 titles each. Now Blu ray has about 125 titles and HD about 60. So they still continue to add HD, but adding way more Blu ray.

And they do have just about everything that is currently out on both formats online. Not to mention that you can exchange the ones you get in the mail for other titles ( Blu ray, HD, sd ) in the store. I have both formats, so a win, win situation for me.
Old 08-28-2007, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari Fan View Post
Not true. I live in San Diego, CA and there are two stores near me that rent HD as well as Blu ray. They each had both formats before BB announced that they were going to place Blu ray in 1500 other stores in the USA. Originally the inventory of both HD and Blu ray had about 40 -50 titles each. Now Blu ray has about 125 titles and HD about 60. So they still continue to add HD, but adding way more Blu ray.

And they do have just about everything that is currently out on both formats online. Not to mention that you can exchange the ones you get in the mail for other titles ( Blu ray, HD, sd ) in the store. I have both formats, so a win, win situation for me.
...you're probably one of the 250 Blockbusters that carry HD DVD.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:22 PM

its under collections...in hddvd.