lucky number slevin/lets go to prison intresting thing - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-25-2007, 01:35 PM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

Default lucky number slevin/lets go to prison intresting thing

I watched lucky number slevin today... then i watched the preview... forst thing after the green screen was the mgm logo with the lion roaring... anybody know why i saw an mgm logo on the preview right before the weinstein logo? i didnt see mgm on the box or anything... I know the weinsteins used to be miramax heads (disney) and mgm is fox, right? so i see no relation for this...

...also weird in the movie let's go to prison... I saw universal studios and fox in the opening credits... anybody know if this will be an hd release and what format will it be on? it had a bd company and an hd company in the same previews...

... also a comment... I'm really a dork...when it comes to movie trailers... the other day i was at the movies and during the previews i was looking for the company that makes it hoping it is an hd dvd company or a blu ray company... I get mad when its a bd company cause i hate buying bd discs... makes me feel like a used hooker... lol
Old 08-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Former Member

Dual distribution isn't uncommon. Slevin had MGM theatrical, but Weinstein for video. I dunno who had Let's go to Prison theatrical, but Uni had video. IF it came out, it'd be HD.

The holiday had Sony and Uni. UK got HD, US got BD.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:19 PM

"TMNT" is another one.

Weinstein theater.
Warner video.

Neutral release on video.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imdaly View Post
"TMNT" is another one.

Weinstein theater.
Warner video.

Neutral release on video.
Warner had the rights, both video and theater, in the US. Weinstein had some foreign markets rights in the theater. Not sure about video release.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:13 PM

MGM usually distributes Weinstein movies in theaters because theyre not big enough to do it themselves.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbobarry View Post
MGM usually distributes Weinstein movies in theaters because theyre not big enough to do it themselves.
Clerks II, for example.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
Dual distribution isn't uncommon. Slevin had MGM theatrical, but Weinstein for video. I dunno who had Let's go to Prison theatrical, but Uni had video. IF it came out, it'd be HD.

The holiday had Sony and Uni. UK got HD, US got BD.
ye, many movies are like that, especially Weinstein films
Old 08-26-2007, 02:42 AM
HD Adult Movie Enthusiast

ahhh... thats intreting... so all this bluray hddvd bullcrap and all the companies are playing each other off so they can get their stuff in... that makes it real hard to determine if a movie is coming to hddvd or blu ray...

i really hope the weinstein company makes it big... they are geniuses and are responsible for some awesome ass movies... all they need is a big break like an amazing epic that makes star wars look like barney's big adventure. or one of the best thrillers ever...
Old 08-26-2007, 06:48 PM

The very first thing to come-up after the "LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN" disc is loaded is the trailers for other Weisntein films. The very first trailer is for "KILLSHOT" the new Tarantino thriller starring Diane Lane and Mickey Rourke (looks bloody good too!). "KILLSHOT" will be released by MGM (like alot of other Weinstein films).