anybody know anything about a US release for Mulholland Drive? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-25-2007, 10:12 AM

Default anybody know anything about a US release for Mulholland Drive?

After reading that the french import suffered from some banding among other things, i was hoping it would have a proper release over here.

I saw this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mulholland-D.../dp/B000MCH7E8
does anybody know if this is a new encode or similar?
Old 08-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy6 View Post
After reading that the french import suffered from some banding among other things, i was hoping it would have a proper release over here.

I saw this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mulholland-D.../dp/B000MCH7E8
does anybody know if this is a new encode or similar?
There currently is no announcement of this movie for the US. The UK Release will most likely be exactly the same transfer as the French Release from Studio Canal.

I got the French Release and I'm happy with it. I didn't notice any banding problems. But yes, the disc has the so called "pitch glitch", but I'm not that great of an audio enthusiast, therefore this release works fine for me. The only thing I'm unhappy with is that the Disc has no extras.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaek View Post
There currently is no announcement of this movie for the US. The UK Release will most likely be exactly the same transfer as the French Release from Studio Canal.

I got the French Release and I'm happy with it. I didn't notice any banding problems. But yes, the disc has the so called "pitch glitch", but I'm not that great of an audio enthusiast, therefore this release works fine for me. The only thing I'm unhappy with is that the Disc has no extras.
thanks for the reply, i just may have to buy it.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Former Member

I honestly thought MD had pretty good picture quality compared to some titles. I always hear the rave reviews over Batman Begins, but didn't notice as huge a difference as I have with other titles.

MD is a good buy if you can find it on the online retailers. Ebay, it's one hell of an expensive buy. just a heads up. Look in the indy retailer section of this site, I've seen a couple offer it at about 1/2 the going ebay rate.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:59 PM

I also have the French verison.

Awhile back I tried to take screenshots of it. Never did figure out how to do 1080p shots but I did get a 720p screenshot.

Old 08-25-2007, 02:43 PM

i was thinking of getting the import of this, i hate the standard dvd i have because it does not alow you to skip chapters.. why make a dvd like that??? and.. itd be nice to see a certain scene in HD
Old 08-25-2007, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
i was thinking of getting the import of this, i hate the standard dvd i have because it does not alow you to skip chapters.. why make a dvd like that??? and.. itd be nice to see a certain scene in HD
Exactly so you have to watch the movie straight through.

The HD-DVD doesn't have chapters either
Old 08-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Former Member

the HD DVD has chapters, I think, because I watched it in 2 sittings. I'm like 99% certain.

And anyone in doubt of this title...You totally see Naomi Watts dyke out and frigg off. It's worth it.
Old 08-25-2007, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
the HD DVD has chapters, I think, because I watched it in 2 sittings. I'm like 99% certain.

And anyone in doubt of this title...You totally see Naomi Watts dyke out and frigg off. It's worth it.
Yep, it definitely has chapters. But there is no "Chapter Selection Menu".

Btw: The Laura Harring "Scene" is still blurred
Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 PM

As mentioned by others, the HD DVD does have chapters but no Scenes Selection menu. This is extremely frustrating, because it has about 100 chapters, each 90 seconds long. Effectively, this makes navigation by chapter impossible. It's quicker to just fast forward to the scene you want.