anybody know anything about a US release for Mulholland Drive? - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 48
Default anybody know anything about a US release for Mulholland Drive?

After reading that the french import suffered from some banding among other things, i was hoping it would have a proper release over here.

I saw this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mulholland-D.../dp/B000MCH7E8
does anybody know if this is a new encode or similar?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Thaek's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthy6 View Post
After reading that the french import suffered from some banding among other things, i was hoping it would have a proper release over here.

I saw this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mulholland-D.../dp/B000MCH7E8
does anybody know if this is a new encode or similar?
There currently is no announcement of this movie for the US. The UK Release will most likely be exactly the same transfer as the French Release from Studio Canal.

I got the French Release and I'm happy with it. I didn't notice any banding problems. But yes, the disc has the so called "pitch glitch", but I'm not that great of an audio enthusiast, therefore this release works fine for me. The only thing I'm unhappy with is that the Disc has no extras.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 48
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaek View Post
There currently is no announcement of this movie for the US. The UK Release will most likely be exactly the same transfer as the French Release from Studio Canal.

I got the French Release and I'm happy with it. I didn't notice any banding problems. But yes, the disc has the so called "pitch glitch", but I'm not that great of an audio enthusiast, therefore this release works fine for me. The only thing I'm unhappy with is that the Disc has no extras.
thanks for the reply, i just may have to buy it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-25-2007, 11:32 AM
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

I honestly thought MD had pretty good picture quality compared to some titles. I always hear the rave reviews over Batman Begins, but didn't notice as huge a difference as I have with other titles.

MD is a good buy if you can find it on the online retailers. Ebay, it's one hell of an expensive buy. just a heads up. Look in the indy retailer section of this site, I've seen a couple offer it at about 1/2 the going ebay rate.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-25-2007, 01:59 PM
Sporadic's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,289
Default

I also have the French verison.

Awhile back I tried to take screenshots of it. Never did figure out how to do 1080p shots but I did get a 720p screenshot.

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-25-2007, 02:43 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 542
Default

i was thinking of getting the import of this, i hate the standard dvd i have because it does not alow you to skip chapters.. why make a dvd like that??? and.. itd be nice to see a certain scene in HD
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Sporadic's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWrathofBambi View Post
i was thinking of getting the import of this, i hate the standard dvd i have because it does not alow you to skip chapters.. why make a dvd like that??? and.. itd be nice to see a certain scene in HD
Exactly so you have to watch the movie straight through.

The HD-DVD doesn't have chapters either
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Former Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 21,462
Default

the HD DVD has chapters, I think, because I watched it in 2 sittings. I'm like 99% certain.

And anyone in doubt of this title...You totally see Naomi Watts dyke out and frigg off. It's worth it.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Thaek's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 283
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8boss87 View Post
the HD DVD has chapters, I think, because I watched it in 2 sittings. I'm like 99% certain.

And anyone in doubt of this title...You totally see Naomi Watts dyke out and frigg off. It's worth it.
Yep, it definitely has chapters. But there is no "Chapter Selection Menu".

Btw: The Laura Harring "Scene" is still blurred
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Josh Z's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 11,925
Default

As mentioned by others, the HD DVD does have chapters but no Scenes Selection menu. This is extremely frustrating, because it has about 100 chapters, each 90 seconds long. Effectively, this makes navigation by chapter impossible. It's quicker to just fast forward to the scene you want.
__________________
Josh Z
Former Writer/Editor, High-Def Digest
My opinions are strictly my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody know anything about the "Cinema Paradiso" Bd? Arkadin Blu-ray Imports Subforum 2 03-17-2008 12:00 PM
Anybody have Mulholland Drive on HD DVD? OnMyOwn Vin0 HD DVD Software General Discussion 6 02-22-2008 04:47 PM
Anybody know anything about "Ultimate Force"? Arkadin HD DVD Software General Discussion 5 11-16-2007 01:18 AM
Mulholland Drive (French or UK editions) denti alligator HD DVD Software General Discussion 10 10-24-2007 11:18 AM
Terminator 2, Mulholland Drive and other titles now available on amazon.fr Blurry HD DVD Software General Discussion 19 01-03-2007 04:26 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off