Please Speak Out to BESTBUY about Titles in-Store - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-25-2007, 01:37 AM

Exclamation Please Speak Out to BESTBUY about Titles in-Store

To anyone who wants to be a voice,

I have been trying to convince Bestbuy that they need to carry HD DVD titles in thier stores. They aren't currently supporting HD DVD. Look up HD DVD on thier Website, any title with a Sku that starts with 1 is a online only title. I would say that 75% of the HD DVD titles are online only. But they are testing a system where the Customers voice is key to business. So if you shop the Box please let them know, write & call. With most Media stores closed or closing I would Like to be able to pick up the titles I want at a Retailer I at Least trust A Little. I like the option to go and see what's out and not have to wait for the Snail-Mail.

E-mail, Write, Or Call.....PLEASE

Mars2122
Old 08-25-2007, 04:34 AM

my best buy has lots of hd dvds. dunno
Old 08-25-2007, 08:55 AM

So does mine. It does have some odd omissions, but it has as much stuff on HD DVD as it does on Blu-ray.
Old 08-25-2007, 09:11 AM

All the Best Buy stores around here have large HD DVD selections.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:34 AM
Former Member

My local Circuit City has a larger selection on hd/blu titles, but do not stock as many of each title quantity wise. Best Buy picks and chooses what to stock in stores. But you can find that out before you go in the store by checking online. Who knows, maybe they had a problem with selling the standard dvds of some titles and don't want to put stock on titles that they've had issues in the past with.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:56 AM

my bb has more hddvds than blu. if anyone should complain then its to target.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:17 AM

I was at my local Best Buy yesterday and their HD DVD section was larger than the Blu-ray section. Plenty of catalog titles, too (they had Dawn Of The Dead out early).
Old 08-25-2007, 11:31 AM

He wants the titles listed as "online only" to be offered in stores. That's what he's talking about, but his post IS confusing. This would certainly be nice for sure. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 08-25-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Sorry about confusion

Sorry for the confusion,

Even though there may be a large selection there is a lot that isn't avail. in-store and will not be avail in-store unless you write. Here is some examples of Online Only titles...
Blade Runner-Both editions
Last Starfighter
Jailhouse Rock
Viva Las Vegas
Battle of the Buldge
Cowboy
Bullit
Frighteners
Patch Adams
Pride & Prejudice
Cat People

And there are many many more. BBY thinks it has to be selective in a new format....But they will change that view if enough PPL email them complaining...So please Email them if you can.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:03 PM

Not to rain on your parade, but several of those titles aren't available anywhere because they are not out yet.

My store stocks plenty of HD DVD. In fact, there's only four titles I want that my Best Buy doesn't carries (out of 50 or so).

My local store is actually a starter store, which means Corporate is seeing if a larger Best Buy is viable in my area based on the starter store sales.

Keep fighting the good fight, but I can't complain when I don't have something to complain about.