'Evening' -- pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-15-2007, 02:45 PM
PeterB

Default 'Evening' -- pre-release buzz

Universal has announced a new one for September 25:

http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/evening.html

The uber-chick flick coems to HD DVD with 1080p/VC-1 video and Dolby TrueHD audio. Extras include two featurettes and deleted scenes.

It's also a HD DVD/DVD combo disc, with a retail price of $39.98.
Old 08-15-2007, 03:58 PM

yah.... this does not strike my interest..........pass
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 PM

I feel like Universal is just churning out titles on HD just for the fuck of it. What's the point with movies like this? Is it just for marketing purposes to say "Hey look we have more HD titles than any other company and we're HD DVD exclusive so adopt that format!"?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
I feel like Universal is just churning out titles on HD just for the fuck of it. What's the point with movies like this? Is it just for marketing purposes to say "Hey look we have more HD titles than any other company and we're HD DVD exclusive so adopt that format!"?
I may not be interested in this title, but I am sure some people are. The more new titles that Universal releases day and date with DVD, the better IMO. Since it is a new transfer even for the DVD, there is not that much extra work to also release it on HD - no need to remaster or anything, and it is likely to be a good transfer.

IMO, all studios should be releasing all new titles in HD along with DVD, but only Universal comes close to doing this.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
I may not be interested in this title, but I am sure some people are. The more new titles that Universal releases day and date with DVD, the better IMO. Since it is a new transfer even for the DVD, there is not that much extra work to also release it on HD - no need to remaster or anything, and it is likely to be a good transfer.

IMO, all studios should be releasing all new titles in HD along with DVD, but only Universal comes close to doing this.
i agree, i think warner and universal are damn good about new releases, lets you know who is really serious..........cough fox
Old 10-22-2007, 09:02 AM

I saw this film last night on HD DVD and I thought it was very well done.

I realize most people on this forum have little-to-no interest in a slower-paced drama, but I tend to like films of all styles, and "Evening" did not dissapoint.

I can't seem to find any reviews or feedback regarding this HD DVD. I thought that the transfer was fantastic. I wonder if anybody else thought the same...
Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 AM

universal seems to know that the alpha male crowd won't be interested in this title. no reviewer got a screener copy.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:19 AM

Agreed. It certainly isn't the most amazing film I've seen, it just wasn't half as bad as I thought it might be. Surprised there isn't a single review to be found on it. No biggie.

Hey, btw, nice collection of HD DVD's in your sig.