Convert Blu-ray movies to burn on HD-DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-14-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Convert Blu-ray movies to burn on HD-DVD

I've seen and downloaded plenty of rips and re-encodes of HD movies in both formats of blu-ray, hd-dvd, and hd television shows.
These are all encoded with VC-1 but put into the wmv container to play on the xbox 360. These maintain the resolution of 720 or 1080, whatever the encoder decides to do, and limits the size to a dual layer dvd+/-r.
If this is certainly possible, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to rip the blu-ray stuff straight off the disc then burn it to hd-dvd when those become more consumer affordable. There should always be a compatible audio stream on the disc no matter what too right? Granted it probably wont have any menu or interactivity features but it would be the movie, thats all I really care about.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanezjeepguy View Post
I've seen and downloaded plenty of rips and re-encodes of HD movies in both formats of blu-ray, hd-dvd, and hd television shows.
These are all encoded with VC-1 but put into the wmv container to play on the xbox 360. These maintain the resolution of 720 or 1080, whatever the encoder decides to do, and limits the size to a dual layer dvd+/-r.
If this is certainly possible, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to rip the blu-ray stuff straight off the disc then burn it to hd-dvd when those become more consumer affordable. There should always be a compatible audio stream on the disc no matter what too right? Granted it probably wont have any menu or interactivity features but it would be the movie, thats all I really care about.
BD has a different bandwith. you'd have to re-encode.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:36 AM

even if you had a bd-25 and and hd-30 you have to re-encode it, since you have an other structure