Upconverting vs HdDVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-12-2007, 01:53 PM

Question Upconverting vs HdDVD

So i just went out and added Hulk to my HDDVD library. I dont own a ton of movie, use netflix. So got it because the general feeling on the forum is that this is one of those truely good Hdvd for PQ, ect. I put it in and flipped to the first scene where he changes and i must say it is really hard to see a huge difference between my SD that i put in my Samsung Upconverting DVD player and my 360 hd addon. Now my Tv only plays in 1080i. I really loved TNMT and Breach and 300. I think that the TrueHd audion is something that is over looked on Hddvd's. I think that i really notice a difference in Audio as apposed to my PQ. Am i nutz or what? I still love my hddvd player.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott1026 View Post
So i just went out and added Hulk to my HDDVD library. I dont own a ton of movie, use netflix. So got it because the general feeling on the forum is that this is one of those truely good Hdvd for PQ, ect. I put it in and flipped to the first scene where he changes and i must say it is really hard to see a huge difference between my SD that i put in my Samsung Upconverting DVD player and my 360 hd addon. Now my Tv only plays in 1080i. I really loved TNMT and Breach and 300. I think that the TrueHd audion is something that is over looked on Hddvd's. I think that i really notice a difference in Audio as apposed to my PQ. Am i nutz or what? I still love my hddvd player.
I don't use my add on much anymore unless it's for pip because my player doesn't do it, LG but Hulk HD Dvd looks amazing on my addon. Hulk was actually the first movie I bought and the reason why I joined the forum (bought it off Ebay and didn't get the box, got on here to see if I could buy another box). I think it's a huge huge difference from the dvd. However here is a question for you, is your HD DVD add on loud? Mine isn't loud with some movies for some reason and I almost have to turn the tv all up to hear it loud. I have a regular 37 inch Dell LCD tv in my bedroom though, the good tv is in the living room but that is where I use my LG. The add on sound does sort of suck.
Old 08-12-2007, 02:07 PM

It is lower but my reciever pumps out really good. My samsung upconverter is amazing! Is the 360 add on a good HDdvd player. I liked it and the price was great. I still think the Truehd Audio and the extras are the best thing about HDDVD.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:32 PM

Is anyone else keeping track of how many different ways he has formatted "HD DVD"?
Old 08-12-2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihzaman View Post
Is anyone else keeping track of how many different ways he has formatted "HD DVD"?
What?
Old 08-12-2007, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jihzaman View Post
Let's see...

HDDVD
Hdvd
Hddvd's
hddvd

I count four permutations, not one is spelled right. Ah well, we live, we learn, right?
Old 08-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Upconverts look a lot better than regular, but I notice a bit of grain and noise that I don't with HD DVDs.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil N View Post
Let's see...

HDDVD
Hdvd
Hddvd's
hddvd

I count four permutations, not one is spelled right. Ah well, we live, we learn, right?
Hey i am doing this at work as i am working on deals so i am typing on the fly...Sorry but i guess i should stick with HD-DVD. This is what a non college education will get you...so for all you youngsters stay in school and go to College
Old 08-13-2007, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscott1026 View Post
Hey i am doing this at work as i am working on deals so i am typing on the fly...Sorry but i guess i should stick with HD-DVD. This is what a non college education will get you...so for all you youngsters stay in school and go to College
Actually, it's "HD DVD", without the hyphen.

There's been a lot of confusion about the spelling of both formats, we don't have this topic for nothing. I blame Blu-ray for their weird name and even weirder spelling.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:20 AM

Cool now i know and i will do my best to be politically correct....HD DVD! Later