Sonic HD DVD Demo Disc - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-06-2015, 03:00 PM

Default Sonic HD DVD Demo Disc

Hi again

Here I got a very special HD DVD demo disc. This one was created by Sonic. Luckily it's pressed. Here some pics:

As you can see, this disc was made to show the difference between the codecs VC-1 and MPEG-4 AVC. It contains the same sampler, approx. 5 minutes short/long. I have never seen this short sampler before. There is also a bonus video on it (codec VC-1).

Bruce, I know I am bothering you again but could you add this disc to your list too?

Thanks!

Blerim
Old 01-06-2015, 05:42 PM

Hi Blerim, added to list. Very interesting demo, as it's been debated quite a bit which is the better codec between VC-1 and AVC. Does this video have an answer to that? AFAIK, both codecs are equal except that VC-1 more efficient at the lower bitrates (which is probably why Warner and Universal used it). Thanks for sharing and it's never a bother!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:03 AM

Wow, this is a great find and a very nice-looking disc. I am in love