HDVC HD DVD disc by mac-pro-media.de - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-05-2015, 05:15 PM

Default HDVC HD DVD disc by mac-pro-media.de

Hi everyone

I got here one more HD DVD to show. This one was created by mac-pro-media.de in matters HDVC. Here the explanation for HDVC:

HDVC (High Definition Video Check) - a tool that helps you optimizing your picture quality and finding the best settings for your hd display connected to your HD DVD player.

This disc is not pressed and I guess it was downloadable for a short time on their website. Not sure if it's still online as I got this disc from a Toshiba person. Here some screenshots:

Bruce, as the files were created during the HD DVD time I would suggest to add this one to your Master list. What do you think?

Thanks!

Blerim
Old 01-06-2015, 11:50 AM

Yeah Blerim, as long as they were made before 2009 then I consider that format era time. Will add to list. Thanks again buddy!
Old 01-07-2015, 02:40 PM

There are two more "discs" like that. One of those was also made in Germany and downloadabel for a long time at grobi.tv Since a while the link is dead. I always had the intention to download it but forgot about it.
Blerim gave me the disc. Thanks again, buddy! Here some pics:

There is also a "test disc" done by an avs member. This one is still to have and easy to burn:
http://www.w6rz.net/hdtestpatterns.zip

At that time there was another "test disc" made by Stacey Spears. As far as I know it was used in-house and by soundandvision.com
http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...sion-25-page-2
for example (look at the end)
Unfortunately the iso file seems to have been lost..
Old 08-25-2015, 01:57 PM

I got one more "disc" like these two. Joe Kane provided an iso file of an early HD DVD test disc they assembled in May 2006 to check the first players on the market. They used it to show 601 versus 709 decoder issues they found in early players. Whatever that means