The Seven Mile Miracle HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-04-2013, 05:28 AM

Default The Seven Mile Miracle HD DVD

Hey Bruce, hey Marco

I am showing here the long time mentioned new HD DVD of the documentary shortfilm THE SEVEN MILE MIRACLE.

I got this from the authoring guy in the US. He said this disc was never pressed, his company PowerAge Creative Media started with this project in end of 2007 and they wanted to release it officially in 2008. After Toshiba stopped supporting their format the authoring guy finished this work project hobby-wise and not officially at his own - the data files are from March 2008. However, there exist a cover art but it also never was officially printed. He just has a PDF file of it. He then printed a copy for me (unfortunately in bad quality).

Here the techn. facts:

My XE1 player recorgnize it as a read HD DVD. The disc is burned on a DVD-R SL. The content has a very short running time of about 37 mins.

Codec: VC-1
Running Time: 37.22 mins.
1080i High-Definition
Widescreen 1:78
Dolbi Digital Plus 2.0

The picture quality is ok. It does not have a WOW effect but it's definitely HD. surprisingly this HD DVD offers a pop-up menu. It plays flawlessly and the picture does never freeze.

Here the pictures:

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Last edited by Noibeli; 10-07-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:38 AM

Here some more pics..

I am glad this HD DVD made it finally to my collection. Although it's compareable with other HD DVD releases from BLB media (burned on DVD-R) this one is imo still something special. This because it's compressed with a real High def software (VC-1) and it does offer a pop-menu.

Bruce, can you please add this to your complete list? I am not sure if this is a post-format-war release but I would suggest not. You can decide. Thanks anyway!

Blerim

Last edited by Noibeli; 10-07-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:39 AM

Hi Blerim,

Congratulations! Great find. IMHO this is not a post-format-war release.
Old 10-04-2013, 11:37 AM

Hi Blerim,

Great find buddy! It's definitely a format war-era title (anything that was at least in planning stages before Toshiba threw in the towel), but if this disc was burned from a file several years later, then it might be better to put it under the check disc or iso-only list. Did he burn some copies right after the format war (when he finished authoring it), or was this copied from a file recently? Thanks again and congrats!
Old 10-07-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Hi Blerim,

Great find buddy! It's definitely a format war-era title (anything that was at least in planning stages before Toshiba threw in the towel), but if this disc was burned from a file several years later, then it might be better to put it under the check disc or iso-only list. Did he burn some copies right after the format war (when he finished authoring it), or was this copied from a file recently? Thanks again and congrats!
Bruce, sorry for the late reply, work and family is killing me lol.

The guy never burned some copies for sell etc., maybe just for his own collection (not sure). He told me he will burn a copy for me from the files on his computer. He never mentioned to rip any disc etc. I agree with you as for your complete list, this "release" belongs more to the check disc section. Thanks for adding this one there!

Also, here some pictures from a "prototype" burner I got from him too:

It's actually not a prototype burner per se as this one was included in official HD DVD notebooks but still, I am happy to have this one as it's the first damn burner that ever has worked for me. It's perfect when it's about burning HD DVD SL discs. I still have problems burning HD DVD DL discs, I get always a failure message about not knowing the disc type (by using imgburn software).

Now, if anyone has some blank HD DVD-R discs spare, please send me a PM, I am more than interested.

Cheers,

Blerim

Last edited by Noibeli; 10-07-2013 at 10:24 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:56 AM

Nice burner Blerim, and the important thing is that it works! :wink:

I added the above title to the check disc section in post #5. Thanks again!

BTW, I do have some extra 15gb blanks lying around. Not a whole lot, but anyway I'll send you an email...