Internal HD DVD PC drive SD-H903A - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-03-2013, 06:54 PM

Default Internal HD DVD PC drive SD-H903A

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Hey Blerim, how's it going my friend? Yeah I wouldn't mind an iso of disc 1.
Hi Bruce!

I am doing well, thanks. Hope you too my friend. I am sorry for being silent for such a long time. I was as usual busy and moreover lazy....

Bruce, do you remember the stuff I mentioned from China? Well, now I can tell what it was. I was able to find the one and only internal HD DVD PC drive SD-H903A. As far as I know, this drive was never released for sell. The release was scheduled for a very long time but it never happened. However, I was able to find it in China. As usual in China lol. As far as I know this burner was included on the Japanese HDD HD DVD player A600. I guess the Chinese people just removed it from the player.

However, here some pics of this HD DVD burner:

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Unfortunately this drive is defective. As you can see on the screencaps, I always receive failure messages while I burn iso datas (sector failures). Marco also tried to burn some isos with this drive but he received the same messages. That was a bummer....

Bruce, do you have some experiences with this failure message? I asked Gary Ugarek about HD DVD burning and he mentioned that he uses a external Laptop HD DVD burner (912A) and the ULEAD6 as for the software. I will invest some more days and weeks now with testing the stuff Gary mentioned

Best Wishes,

Blerim

Last edited by Noibeli; 08-04-2013 at 03:48 AM.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:36 AM

Hi Blerim,

Nice find on the HD DVD burner, buddy! Thanks for sharing the pics. No, I haven't seen that error, very odd that "illegal request" message. Will it let you burn a DVD? Anyway good luck finding a workaround for that but if not then at least it's a collector's item. I haven't tried ULEAD6, but it would be nice to learn some things about it and do some authoring with some menus on HD DVD. That would be really cool. Have fun exploring that!

Last edited by bruceames; 08-04-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noibeli View Post
I was able to find the one and only internal HD DVD PC drive SD-H903A.
There are more internals. I have one. It's not a burner. I bought off ebay from Israel. HDV-ROM2.4FB.

Plus I have a few LG combo drives. There were a bunch of internals. That one you have might be the only burner.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HD_DVD_devices
says SD-H902A and SD-H903A are writers

Last edited by HDDVD73; 08-04-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 07:34 PM

Wow, that's an amazing list of players. Didn't know there were that many variations.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Hi Blerim,

Nice find on the HD DVD burner, buddy! Thanks for sharing the pics. No, I haven't seen that error, very odd that "illegal request" message. Will it let you burn a DVD? Anyway good luck finding a workaround for that but if not then at least it's a collector's item. I haven't tried ULEAD6, but it would be nice to learn some things about it and do some authoring with some menus on HD DVD. That would be really cool. Have fun exploring that!
Hi Bruce

As for the HD DVD drive, I also have tried to burn some simple audio files onto a cd - this failed too. That's why I assumed this drive is defective.

However, if you once would like to try Ulead 6, here you go with a tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfmgKppD6eo

Yep, presented by our GARY UGAREK
Old 08-05-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Wow, that's an amazing list of players. Didn't know there were that many variations.
I use that list to collect drives. I have ebay alerts set for the ones I don't already have. That's how I found out about those Toshiba slim externals. I have most of the externals. I would love to come across the Addonics Zebra. They might not have ever been sold for all I know. I did just score a hard copy of TMT3 because I lost the one I had originally bought. They didn't sell hard copies of TMT5 onward. They were download only.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDVD73 View Post
I use that list to collect drives. I have ebay alerts set for the ones I don't already have. That's how I found out about those Toshiba slim externals. I have most of the externals. I would love to come across the Addonics Zebra. They might not have ever been sold for all I know. I did just score a hard copy of TMT3 because I lost the one I had originally bought. They didn't sell hard copies of TMT5 onward. They were download only.
Cool. Glad to see an HD DVD hardware collector out there. I'd like to myself, but that list (I wonder who came up with that) does look intimidating, lol.

Interesting about TMT5 being download only. I got the install file of both TMT5 and TMT3 on my hard drive, so I won't be needing the actual disc. But clearly TMT5 is worthless anyway because of the jerky video.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:43 AM

Hi, interesting to see one of these units in operation, the error you mention is better than posting form RPC1 forums in there my friend tells Cheff sure what the problem is.

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewforum.php?f=32

I also thought that since it is a unit that came built in japan toshiba Vardia range, you may need to update the firmware.