Led Zeppelin's 'The Song Remains the Same' on HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-27-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Led Zeppelin's 'The Song Remains the Same' on HD DVD

Zeppelin's 'The Song Remains The Same' Coming to HD DVD, Blu-ray Disc

Warner Home Video has announced Led Zeppelin's 'The Song Remains the Same' feauring all 14 songs from the original concert will be released on HD DVD and Blu-ray Disc on November 13, in conjunction with a new two-disc CD set and DVD set.

'The Song Remains the Same' will be presented in remastered 1080p video encoded via VC-1 and a newly-mixed and remastered Dolby Digital 5.1 audio track. No mention is made in the announcement of a lossless audio option being included, which would be a big blow to Zeppelin HD adopters anxiously awaiting this release if ultimately excluded.

Extra features will be comprised of 40 minutes of added bonus material, including never-before-released performance footage of "Over The Hills And Far Away" and "Celebration Day"; plus performances of "Misty Mountain Hop" and "The Ocean"; a rare 1976 BBC interview with Robert Plant and Jimmy Page; vintage TV footage from the Drake Hotel robbery during the New York concert stand; and a Cameron Crowe radio show.

Pricing should be the same for both the HD DVD and Blu-ray versions, though we don't yet know what that will be. Check back regularly for high resolution cover art as its made available
Old 07-27-2007, 04:27 PM

oh wow, hope this turns out good!!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:36 PM

Most likely a rental for me.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:28 PM

I would prefer Led Zeppelin live at Knebwoth '79.

One of their best, at their peak, with "Bonzo".
Old 07-30-2007, 02:22 AM

What I'm a bit confused about is the mention by the editor that he hopes for an HD soundtrack. This concert is from 1973. Even if its a HD audio track how good could that even be considering the technology in use back then?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
What I'm a bit confused about is the mention by the editor that he hopes for an HD soundtrack. This concert is from 1973. Even if its a HD audio track how good could that even be considering the technology in use back then?
im just guessing here, but it would have to be better than using a lossy codec regardless of original quality
Old 11-18-2007, 05:42 PM

The Blu-ray back cover has appeared on DVDEmpire. It has Dolby TrueHD so I'm asumming the HD DVD will as well.

Old 11-18-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleM13 View Post
I would prefer Led Zeppelin live at Knebwoth '79.

One of their best, at their peak, with "Bonzo".
1979 was NOT their peak. 1975ish was. 1979 was the very end of their career. Bonzo died in 1980.

The Song Remains The Same is far from their best performance. In fact, it's a pretty weak one by Zeppelin's standards. Led Zeppelin DVD shows them in better form across many different performances, including Knebworth '79. The problem with Led Zeppelin DVD is that it's not a film like The Song Remains The Same. A lot of the footage is amateur footage that Jimmy Page managed to receive through the years. They could clean it up some I suppose, but it already looks about as good as it ever will on Led Zeppelin DVD.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 PM

Hmm, I wonder what blockbuster online sent me yesterday? I guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:53 PM

i mAy buy this and dip into high def music hddvd