Brasilien HD DVD HomeVision - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-13-2012, 09:37 AM

Default Brasilien HD DVD HomeVision

Hi

I am showing here a "new" HD DVD demo disc from Germany. The disc was a supplement to the HomeVision magazin 11/07. The content is full identically to the

Discovery Atlas: Brazil Revealed HD DVD

The only difference is, it does contain also a German narrator.

My XE1 player recorgnize it as a HD DVD. The disc is pressed, not burned. Not a bootleg or anything like that, full original. There was neither case or cover, just the disc.

Codec: VC-1
Running Time: 101 mins!
1080p High-Definition
Widescreen 1:78
Dolbi Digital Plus 2.0 German

Here the picture:

Old 10-14-2012, 10:05 AM

Interesting. A really nice bonus disc for a magazine. Thanks for the info Logodaddy!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Thanks for posting, always interested in new demos!
Old 10-14-2012, 01:13 PM

Yes thank you Logodaddy for sharing your finds. What I find interesting is that there were several A/V magazines in Europe seeming to promote the HD DVD format by including these nice demo/promos in their magazines but I am not aware of any magazines here in the US that did anything similar. Maybe there were and they are yet to be discovered. The hunt continues.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddytruffles View Post
Yes thank you Logodaddy for sharing your finds. What I find interesting is that there were several A/V magazines in Europe seeming to promote the HD DVD format by including these nice demo/promos in their magazines but I am not aware of any magazines here in the US that did anything similar. Maybe there were and they are yet to be discovered. The hunt continues.
I don't think that there really exist those kind of magazin demo discs in the USA. Most of the US demo discs were released from US film companies or at shows like CES etc. Actually - as far as I know - only Germany, France and Switzerland released demo discs in Europe, the other coutries had none.

By the way, I can confirm, this HD DVD is pressed. Thanks for the thread Marco!