JACKSON now on HD DVD from JF Lawton (Pretty Woman, Under Siege) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-04-2012, 04:06 AM

Default JACKSON now on HD DVD from JF Lawton (Pretty Woman, Under Siege)

Yes, while AARON'S HOUSE is (hopefully) days from completion, I have long been working on solidifying JACKSON as an HD-DVD release, and it is done, ready for shipping!

It has amazed me for the past 4 years that JACKSON has not found wide-release, as it is a truly fantastic movie from writer/director J.F. Lawton (Pretty Woman, Under Siege, Chain Reaction). With that, however, I am honored that Lawton would allow my company, FlipsideTV, to represent JACKSON as its distributor.

There are 50 Copies with a numbered and signed 4"x6" print from Lawton (well, fewer now, they are already selling).

Buy JACKSON at FlipsideTV: http://flipsidetv.com/more-info/stor...oduct=14071120

IMDB Info: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0313088/

You will recognize the names and faces in JACKSON, from Debra Jo Rupp (That 70's Show) to Steve Guttenberg (Police Academy, Cocoon) to Charles Robinson (Night Court) to Barry Primus (The Rose).

Here's the rundown:
For the first time, the critically applauded JACKSON is available on DVD, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD.

Standard Edition:
Available as a 2 Disc Set, either Blu-Ray/DVD (UPC: 608641934397) or HD-DVD/DVD (UPC: 608641934380).

Signature Edition:
Available as a 2 Disc Set, either Blu-Ray/DVD or HD DVD/DVD. Contains a signed and numbered 4"x6" print from writer/director J.F. Lawton. We have 60 of these (only 50 of which are available at this time).

JACKSON was written and directed by J.F. Lawton, writer of Pretty Woman, Under Siege, Chain Reaction and DOA: Dead or Alive. Additionally, he wrote and created the Pamela Anderson TV series V.I.P.

For this release, we have a few unique items. First, for those interested in the signature edition, Lawton has signed a limited number of 4"x6" prints that will be packaged and sealed with your order. Additionally, these editions contain a deleted scene (only on the Blu-Ray and HD-DVD), "The Missing Aria" from Madame Butterfly and performed by Kelsey Wood.

SUMMARY: Donald (Barry Primus) promises Sam (Charlie Robinson) a great day of fun.
This seems unlikely given that they're both homeless men mired in the bleak
landscape of Los Angeles' Skid Row. The source of Donald's optimism is a
mere $20 bill (a Jackson) which he bummed off a passing businessman
(Steve Guttenberg). But Donald vows that with that money they can do anything
they wish and drags a reluctant Sam off in search of adventure.

Directed by J. F. Lawton, JACKSON takes place in a single day that turns into a
cold rainy night. Fueled by bottles of Thunderbird, Donald and Sam end up having
a great adventure filled with humor, philosophy, danger and hope. In one of the
most unusual aspects of the film, their story is accented by other down and out
characters who express themselves by singing some of the world's greatest opera
arias. From an old drunk (Richard Brown) singing a Donizetti duet with a crack
addict (Shawnette Sulker), to a bag lady (Ella Lee) singing Carmen, these surreal
musical sequences stand apart from but enrich Donald and Sam's journey.
What begins as a simple tale about two bums becomes a story about the beauty
and resilience of the human spirit.

JACKSON was an award-winning movie in multiple film festivals worldwide.

Buy JACKSON at FlipsideTV: http://flipsidetv.com/more-info/stor...oduct=14071120
Old 08-07-2012, 03:38 AM

Socalemc, this sounds a really interesting film and one for sure I want to add to my collection.

Great scoop for you and wishing you well on its take up.
Old 08-09-2012, 04:36 PM

Zelda_N64,

Thank you for the continued support. I have more titles lined up too.

The next few will be in the sub $20 range, and I should be able to get most of the international shipping down below $10 too.

And, of course, AARON'S HOUSE is just about done! Since this one is mine, I just keep wanting to make little tweaks here and there. It's hard to let it go and say, okay, I'm done!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:14 AM

Received my copy yesterday. Checked out the picture quality, to be honest I have to say, this hasn't really something to do with High Definition. There doesn't exist any sharpness, the picture is never quite. Later I checked the picture quality of the second disc (DVD version) and to my wonder it doesn't look more worse than the "HD DVD" version....

This might just be my opinion but I have decided to stop buying 3xDVD HD DVDs or HD DVD-R releases.

However, good luck with your business.
Old 08-17-2012, 12:26 PM

Noibeli, thanks for the follow up. JACKSON was originally shot with a combo of HDV and DVCAM and I know the producer spent a lot of $$$ creating the higher res since it did have a limited theatrical run on 35mm, but it wasn't true HD, but I think the up rez was still pretty good and it's a pretty unique collector's opportunity with the signature edition. Of the movies we've put out on HD DVD so far, ZOMBIE FARM was true 1080i, the other three were up-rezzed. The next round, AARON'S HOUSE included, are all 1920x1080 or higher in origination with the intent of HD delivery. Thanks again for the follow up.