Transformers HD DVD (China Import) - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-23-2012, 09:08 AM

Default Transformers HD DVD (China Import)

Hi there

Me again. This time it's my own copy :smile:

I am showing here the famous Chinese HD DVD version of Transformers. I am not sure, I have read it should be a bootleg but damn, it does look very original. In my eyes all three discs are pressed, not burned. My XE1 player recorgnizes them all as HD DVDs. The movie shows a fantastic PQ, same as all other editions worldwide. The content itself is splited on three parts/3 discs. There is a main menu on each disc (always the same menu), you can choose the languages, the chapters and there are 2 extras. As far as I know, both extras are from the first disc of the 2-disc worldwide edition. Also, the pop up menu works fine.

I didn't had time to check the discs on my PC, not sure but I guess those three discs are all DVD-9 Dual layer discs. I will check that tonight and update later.

Codec: MPEG-4 AVC
Running Time: 143 mins
1080p High-Definition
Widescreen 16:9
Dolbi Digital Plus 5.1

Extras:
Commentary by Michael Bay
Transformers Heads up Display

The case size is bigger than a DVD, IMO it does look awesome!!

Here the pictures:

Don't worry Bruce, I also have a spare copy for you :smile:

Last edited by Noibeli; 03-23-2012 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:18 AM

The finds keep coming, great Job Blerim.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:26 AM

Wow, that's awesome Blerim. Thanks again! Given that they're on DVD-rom (pressed because China does a great job on their bootlegs :magnifingglass, I wonder when they were made? It must have been well after the format war, otherwise they would have used HD DVD media. When you get a chance to put it in your computer, check out the the file creation date (the latest one). Very interesting stuff.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:46 PM

According to this thread at HDD, it's possibly a fake, no?

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/high...out-china.html
Old 03-23-2012, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Wow, that's awesome Blerim. Thanks again! Given that they're on DVD-rom (pressed because China does a great job on their bootlegs :magnifingglass, I wonder when they were made? It must have been well after the format war, otherwise they would have used HD DVD media. When you get a chance to put it in your computer, check out the the file creation date (the latest one). Very interesting stuff.
Hey Bruce,

I have checked all three discs on my PC, here the details:

Disc 1 = DVD-ROM / 7.92 GB / date of the last file 16.12.2007
Disc 2 = DVD-ROM / 7.93 GB / date of the last file 16.12.2007
Disc 3 = DVD-ROM / 7.91 GB / date of the last file 16.12.2007

I have made my decision, the discs are all pressed, not burned. I am not sure, I would say it's a bootleg but seriously, very, very professional!!!

Hope that helps.

Blerim
Old 03-23-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noibeli View Post
Hey Bruce,

I have checked all three discs on my PC, here the details:

Disc 1 = DVD-ROM / 7.92 GB / date of the last file 16.12.2007
Disc 2 = DVD-ROM / 7.93 GB / date of the last file 16.12.2007
Disc 3 = DVD-ROM / 7.91 GB / date of the last file 16.12.2007

I have made my decision, the discs are all pressed, not burned. I am not sure, I would say it's a bootleg but seriously, very, very professional!!!

Hope that helps.

Blerim
Hey Blerim, thanks for that info. So it looks like it came out around the end of the format war and is the same disc set as described in the Smackdown thread that Babe gave up the link for. They do bootlegs so well there, that it's probably just as good as the original down to the bitrate and everything. They just added Chinese/Mandarin subs (and audio?). Very interesting and unique to have a bootleg like this! :drool03:
Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 PM

It is interesting but collection of Chinese bootlegs isn't a topic that should be discussed here in my opinion and there is no question, it is a bootleg. Funny situation when the original, the Paramount HD DVD, is worthless but the bootleg attracts some interest.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
It is interesting but collection of Chinese bootlegs isn't a topic that should be discussed here in my opinion and there is no question, it is a bootleg. Funny situation when the original, the Paramount HD DVD, is worthless but the bootleg attracts some interest.
Well Chris, no one here is supporting bootlegs or any piracy DVD/Blu-ray/HD DVD stuff. There exists - as far as we know - one HD DVD bootleg, in this situation we can make an exception I guess. Also, the HD DVD format is death, this should be reason enough to talk about a bootleg. We - as fanboys - are totally excited to see every "new" discovered HD DVD, no matter of if bootleg or not. I hope you can understand that.

If you work for the FBI, than I will take all the shit I've mentioned above, BACK! :wink:
Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 PM

How much and where do we buy from???
Old 03-29-2012, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noibeli View Post
Well Chris, no one here is supporting bootlegs or any piracy DVD/Blu-ray/HD DVD stuff. There exists - as far as we know - one HD DVD bootleg, in this situation we can make an exception I guess. Also, the HD DVD format is death, this should be reason enough to talk about a bootleg. We - as fanboys - are totally excited to see every "new" discovered HD DVD, no matter of if bootleg or not. I hope you can understand that.

If you work for the FBI, than I will take all the shit I've mentioned above, BACK! :wink:
This is certainly the only one I have ever heard of. There may be some CBHD or CH DVD bootlegs or whatever that China only format is called now.