Aaron's House on HD DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-21-2012, 03:55 PM

Default Aaron's House on HD DVD

Here is a new HD DVD release by BLB Media (maker of Zombie Farm). They are releasing their new film called Aaron's House on HD DVD on a limited run (50 copies only). Just wanted to pass this along to all those HD DVD fans / collectors / movie enthusiasts on this forum to help support their efforts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...299000#vi-desc
Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM

Thanks Buddy! Just saw this at TBS, as well. Anyone in for this one?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:26 PM

Yeah I have committed to one

Price has also been dropped to $75 for the first 25.

Last edited by buddytruffles; 01-22-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:29 PM

I've also encouraged him to post here, for outreach to HD DVD collectors/answering any questions.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:33 PM

Default Aaron's House on HD DVD-R and Blu-Ray

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for all the HD interest in these projects. I'll give you a little history. I've made three movies with the help of outside contributors buying credits and movie swag. They are DEMENTIA: AN EXPERIMENT IN TERROR, ZOMBIE FARM and the latest AARON'S HOUSE. Dementia had a good run, but Zombie Farm was exceptional! It played to theatres and festivals across the country and was even written about in the Atlantic Monthly.

Zombie Farm ended up being distributed on HD DVD through Amazon, but the experiment was short lived when HD DVD died. Since 2007, I sold off my very limited (less than 30) copies and had many people ask about a short run. Finally, thanks to some pushing from some very dedicated HD DVD fans, Zombie Farm is being pressed again to HD DVD in a very short and exclusive run. In this process, I have made arrangements to do the same for my current project AARON'S HOUSE. Aaron's House has already finished production and has been invited to a few festivals, now it's just a matter of finishing post, raising some money for the fests and for the HD DVD run. My goal is to be totally wrapped in April (granted this might be ambitious, but I have an invite to a fest I really want to be at). When the movie is done, I'll send out the HD copies before we distribute anywhere else (very exclusive).

Thanks again for those who have encouraged me to finally get the new run of Zombie Farm out on HD DVD-r and thank you to all of those supporting and encouraging the Aaron's House run as well.

Thanks,
Brian
Old 01-22-2012, 06:37 PM

Hi Brian, I was in touch a few moments ago, via Ebay and suggested you post for HD DVD fans here-I am glad you decided to come by. As mentioned by many, I am sure, there were several snags with other releases that never came to be, so to avoid potential trouble and community upset, you may like to keep in touch with folks via the forums. Good luck with the :iconhddvdpngci7: project! DB
Old 01-22-2012, 06:45 PM

Default The follow through

Believe me, I know. I am also the founder and event director for a film festival in its eighth year, so I have heard a variety of stories about people getting started with projects. With both my movies and my festival, I very much pride myself on following through with my projects, which is also why so many of the same people help out year after year and project after project. Each relies very heavily on the time and generosity of others who get involved.

Glad to answer any questions I can. Thanks again. -Brian
Old 01-22-2012, 07:25 PM

Glad to see another indie film company doing HD DVD besides me. I hope it is as successful for you as it has been for me, and like DB said... stay in touch, even through hiccups. While the HD DVD fan base gets smaller by the day the die hard dedicated have stuck by me because i keep them informed, if you do the same I guarantee you should have the same success.

Right now the HD DVDs for my current flick are half gone, the Blu-Rays have only sold 5 copies. I love the HD DVD supporters... and they have been the best friends and fans a filmmaker can have anytime any where.
Old 01-22-2012, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalemc View Post
Thanks again for those who have encouraged me to finally get the new run of Zombie Farm out on HD DVD-r and thank you to all of those supporting and encouraging the Aaron's House run as well.
Brian, is your new run of Zombie Farm on HD DVD-r already bought up or have you yet to announce where and how it may be purchased?

Thanks much for continuing to release on the HD DVD format!
Old 01-22-2012, 10:59 PM

Default Zombie Farm HD DVD-R

The run isn't entirely bought up. A few people rallied together to get things going, but I will have small number of them that I will be selling as well. I'll have a link up shortly where you can place an order ... but it will be a small number, probably only about 15 left.

I'll make a direct link on the company website where they can be purchased and keep it low profile on the forums before doing anything on eBay.