HDdvd Revived site with nonsense announcement - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 11-13-2011, 07:36 AM

Default HDdvd Revived site with nonsense announcement

What is the site, anybody have any idea what is being announced for Dec. 2011?

http://www.hddvd-revived.com/

I was pointed to this site as evidence some group in the UK is reviving HD DVD. I don't know what 3XDVD system is or what HDdvds are for that matter.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:34 PM

Hey Chris

I think this member might know more about it:

http://forums.highdefdigest.com/members/ckdstv.html

Even if they produce "real" HD DVDs and I am a die hard collector but I am definitely not going to collect their HD DVDs. What about you?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:14 PM

No interest for me but thanks, odd that a search didn't come up with his posts but you are correct, he is the guy that will know.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Not sure what to make of it though. I guess I will be watching and waiting.
Old 11-17-2011, 05:53 PM

If they found a way to make CBHD compatible, it might be interesting otherwise their isn't going to be much for content unless they have a workaround for / movies and discs
Old 11-17-2011, 06:06 PM

A HD DVD movie in 720p VC-1 is very doable on a DVD9, but I think the compression needed for 1080p would make it look worse, unless the movie runs under 80-90 minutes, which actually most of the older B movies do.

As Blerim said, as a collector, I have no interest in buying HD DVD content on DVD media, but I would be interested buying a movie for the movie itself, if the price was right. However if they were pressed HD DVDs then I would be all over it.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:39 PM

You can still press HD DVD, but using 9gb Media. 3XDVD, is HD DVD on a 9gb Dual Layer DVD disc, but the file system is UDF 2.5, which HD DVD.

The 9gb Deadlands 2 HD DVD's are made on Dual Layer media, and will only play on HD DVD players. They use the UDF 2.5 file system.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:52 AM

Default Christmas Releases December 2011

In december 2011, the releases scheduled are, The incredible rupert, scrooge, and some cartoons that ae being processed, at the moment there are only B movies, public domain and student ilms coming. The long term plan is to have NEW titles but the licencing on more modern ilms costs thousands and we want to be sure there is a following before we spend a great deal of money on licences.

There does not even have to be a great deal of sales, we just want to see a good database of registered users so when we release a new title, we know a good audience will see it.

We have managed Good quality 1080 on 3XDVD and are so please with the outcome, we are givin away a disc free on the site.

http://www.hddvd-revived.com/index.p...mart&Itemid=12

Go there or a free sample DVD worldwide postage 2.54

Also coming soon:

Night of the living Dead.

I would like to take this moment to thank the people who have already placed orders, im glad the time we have spent has been worth the effort.

Also for those of you who dont want to collect our films, good. We are releasing titles so people can get ilms they want to watch on HDDVD not so they buy them just because they are HDDVD.
Old 11-18-2011, 05:54 AM

Also yes we are working on making a CBHD compatibility patch. As well as getting 3XDVDs play on everything. Tutorial, how to make HDDVDs play on any pc; http://www.hddvd-revived.com/index.p...id=1&kbartid=1
Old 11-18-2011, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckdstv View Post
In december 2011, the releases scheduled are, The incredible rupert, scrooge, and some cartoons that ae being processed, at the moment there are only B movies, public domain and student ilms coming. The long term plan is to have NEW titles but the licencing on more modern ilms costs thousands and we want to be sure there is a following before we spend a great deal of money on licences.

There does not even have to be a great deal of sales, we just want to see a good database of registered users so when we release a new title, we know a good audience will see it.

We have managed Good quality 1080 on 3XDVD and are so please with the outcome, we are givin away a disc free on the site.

http://www.hddvd-revived.com/index.p...mart&Itemid=12

Go there or a free sample DVD worldwide postage 2.54

Also coming soon:

Night of the living Dead.

I would like to take this moment to thank the people who have already placed orders, im glad the time we have spent has been worth the effort.

Also for those of you who dont want to collect our films, good. We are releasing titles so people can get ilms they want to watch on HDDVD not so they buy them just because they are HDDVD.
I love my HD DVD player, I love my HD DVD discs but there is really no reason to buy 720p or upscalled 1080p movies when I am able to buy all other movies - which never have been released on HD DVD - on Blu-ray with - I guess - much better PQ & AQ and tons of extras than those new "HD DVD" releases from hddvd-revived.com.

I do exceptions for Garys movies because he is one of us HD DVD collectors since years and always supported us with his efforts, but I don't see any sense to collect hundreds of new releases from this store.

I appreciate your work on hddvd-revived.com and I know you also love HD DVD but I am going to pass.