Battlestar Galactica Season 1 HD DVD - Keep or Sell?! - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: What are you doing with your HD DVD of Battlestar Galactica: Season 1 copy?
Keep both the HD DVD and Blu-ray 5 71.43%
Sell the HD DVD and keep the Blu-ray 0 0%
Sell the Blu-ray and keep the HD DVD 1 14.29%
Other (explain below!) 1 14.29%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-08-2010, 10:23 PM

Battlestar Galactica Season 1 HD DVD - Keep or Sell?!

I'm curious what other people have done. Many of us purchased Season 1 of Battlestar Galactica on HD DVD. I'm sure there are quite a few that have also purchased the Complete Series on Blu-ray. What have people done with their duplicate copies of Season 1?

I'm on the fence. I could keep both, but if I free a bit of space, my wife won't notice as much when a couple new titles come in. If I sell the HD DVD, I'm getting less than $3 for it. If I sell the Blu-ray, I'm getting $15-20 or so for it - is it really that good of a reason to keep the HD DVD over it? Future HD DVD playability is a given (4 x LG BH200s, 2 x combo computer drives / back-up for BH200, plus an HD-A35), and I won't be re-buying the 200+ HD DVD collection.

What have you done / would you do?
Old 11-08-2010, 11:22 PM

I had and watched my Season 1 set on HD-DVD. It was terrific. I picked up the blu-ray set, and gave my Season 1 HD-DVD set to my daughter for her and her family to enjoy on their XBox360 (with the HD-DVD drive I picked up after Warner killed off HD-DVD but then subsequently gave to them also).
I've given her a number of HD-DVD titles that were duplicates due to Toshiba giveaways, etc. They seem to be enjoying them quite a bit - especially since they have not demonstrated any interest in buying a blu-ray player . . . .
Old 11-09-2010, 12:09 AM

I considered selling the HD-DVD, but there's so little to made from it, that I decided to keep it, mostly as a symbolic gesture (I like to keep the number of HD-DVDs above that of my Blu-rays). Selling the Blu Season 1 was also an option, but I wanted to keep the uniformity of the Blu-ray set. Much as I love HD-DVD, if I had to keep one, it'd be the Blu (it supposedly doesn't have some of the audio sync problems of the HD-DVD version).
Old 11-10-2010, 11:50 AM

Silly question. Is $3 even worth the effort of selling it? No, of course not.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:09 PM

I think keeping both is silly so I suggest selling the Blu-ray since selling the HD DVD won't bring enough to justify the walk to the mail box to ship it off. The minor problems with the HD DVD set compared to the Blu-ray version aren't enough for me to even purchase the Blu-ray version in the first place.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:20 PM

Keep the BD for uniformity and for its superior packaging.

Keep the HD-DVD because it's hardly worth the cost of shipping it.
Old 11-12-2010, 03:03 AM

I considered selling the HD-DVD, but there's so little to made from it, that I decided to keep it, mostly as a symbolic gesture (I like to keep the number of HD-DVDs above that of my Blu-rays). Selling the Blu Season 1 was also an option, but I wanted to keep the uniformity of the Blu-ray set. Much as I love HD-DVD, if I had to keep one, it'd be the Blu (it supposedly doesn't have some of the audio sync problems of the HD-DVD version).