Anthem Picture Delivers! FINALLY the last HD-DVD produced Deadlands 2 has arrived! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-09-2010, 07:29 PM

Default FINALLY the last HD-DVD produced Deadlands 2 has been delivered to me!!

So I walked to the mailbox to get what I thought was going to be pretty much bills and junk mail to find an envelope in my box. I pulled it out and low and behold it was a package from Anthem Pictures. My eyes lite up and wild thoughts started to go through my head, could this be.....no way, it couldn't! So I took it into the house where I carefully opened the envelope and BAM....the myth, the legend, the last HD DVD every produced was in my hands. Finally, Badlands 2 - Limited Collectors Edition with it's own certificate of authenticity (mine was #203 of 500) was there in front of me. I almost couldn't believe it, it was finally here. So guys, we can all stop bitching, complaining, and bad mouthing Anthem. Yeah, yeah, it took them freakin' forever but hey, at least we got the prize....or was the prize them getting our money? I kid, I kid, anyways I will include some pictures so you guys can see the goods. Well, so far Smokers hasn't produced so physically this is the last(?) HD-DVD...until someone else tries to Trump this release. So anyone else get their copy yet, let me know! LONG LIVE hhhhdvd!
Attached Thumbnails
Anthem Picture Delivers! FINALLY the last HD-DVD produced Deadlands 2 has arrived!-1.jpg   Anthem Picture Delivers! FINALLY the last HD-DVD produced Deadlands 2 has arrived!-2.jpg   Anthem Picture Delivers! FINALLY the last HD-DVD produced Deadlands 2 has arrived!-3.jpg   Anthem Picture Delivers! FINALLY the last HD-DVD produced Deadlands 2 has arrived!-4.jpg  

Last edited by MrModern; 07-10-2010 at 07:08 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:59 AM

Yea mine came in the mail this week also. Almost a year, but hey who cares now........lol
Old 07-10-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrModern View Post
Well, so far Smokers hasn't produced so physically this is the last HD-DVD...until someone else tries to Trump this release.
I have been keeping everyone up to date on the forums about the status of Smokers. As I said from the beginning we were not pressing until 100 orders were received. Orders received, materials sent and now we are just awaiting the finished discs! I will continue to update everyone through the pressing/shipping cycle.

On a side note DL2 isn't the last and I'm sure Smokers won't be either so long as fans of the format want new content. It doesn't make sense at this stage for anyone to self proclaim their film the last on the format.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:11 PM

Well I will proclaim it as the film that resurrected HD DVD for the indie genre.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
Well I will proclaim it as the film that resurrected HD DVD for the indie genre.
Agreed! Fitting that it is a zombie movie, and thankfully a great one... I have seen allot of bad zombie movies lately. Hopefully more HD DVD releases will follow.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 AM

I have been interested in this title since it was first announced last year and cancelled my original order after many delays, but just re-ordered today after seeing the pics despite it costing 27 (including shipping).

I hear this is a HD-R rather than an actual HD DVD, what difference is there apart from maybe storage capacity? Sorry for asking but I know very little on this and it is still being branded the last HD DVD?

Can anybody confirm what the PQ is like on this release too, not really heard any reports back yet.

I am a huge horror fan and a big 80's low budget horror fan so can't wait to finally get this.
Old 07-12-2010, 10:54 AM

Deadlands 2 HD DVD is currently on the number 2 spot on Anthem's 'Top Seller' list. Number 1 spot in the Horror genre.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernmonkey View Post
I have been interested in this title since it was first announced last year and cancelled my original order after many delays, but just re-ordered today after seeing the pics despite it costing 27 (including shipping).

I hear this is a HD-R rather than an actual HD DVD, what difference is there apart from maybe storage capacity? Sorry for asking but I know very little on this and it is still being branded the last HD DVD?

Can anybody confirm what the PQ is like on this release too, not really heard any reports back yet.

I am a huge horror fan and a big 80's low budget horror fan so can't wait to finally get this.
The HD DVD R is not any different in terms of what it delivers, it is just burned as opposed to stamped. It will still only work in an HD DVD player

We are no longer the last HD DVD made... The guys behind SMokers the movie opted to do an HD DVD release... so instead of us being the last HD DVD we will be known as the movie that relaunched the HD DVD format for indies. (I like that better anyway)

On the HD DVD page there is an article about the disc, but as far as PQ it is what it is, an SD up-res. It doesn't look as crappy as the DVD release so it is a major improvement (at least to me it is) Otherwise no one has really done a proper review, probably because Anthem won't give out a free screener.

Hope that helps...
Old 07-12-2010, 07:13 PM

is anyone else sick of hearing about these crappy c rate zombie movies ??
Old 07-13-2010, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Gruber View Post
is anyone else sick of hearing about these crappy c rate zombie movies ??
I suppose no one is forcing you to read the thread.