"Doom" on HD-DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-01-2010, 11:41 AM

Default "Doom" on HD-DVD

review here: http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/61/doom.html

Well, this is definitely loud wall to wall action, shooting, explosions, etc. It should be one of those titles where you are constantly turning the volume down before one of the neighbors comes over to see if you're OK and what exploded inside your house, and back up to hear dialog - except - there's not much dialog of concern here . . . .
PQ and AQ are excellent. If you are a fan of the game and/or love loud raucous action movies - you might enjoy this one on either high def format. bbbluhhhhdvd
Old 07-02-2010, 12:07 AM

i got this awhile back from amazon for 99 cents . i might watch it in the next few years . With the rock i would just stick with rundown , funny ass movie
Old 07-05-2010, 07:26 AM

This movie was my very first HD DVD (the Japanese edition of it). When I bought my first player back in 2006 the same shop didn't have any other movies on HD DVD that I hadn't yet seen on DVD so I picked this to go with the player. It was a pretty nice experience from PQ/AQ point of view. The movie itself was entertaining enough too, though not the most challenging one
Old 07-09-2010, 09:54 AM

I thought it was a good movie as long as you don't compare the story too closely to the video game. I personally thought they should have stayed closer to the game's story line, but oh well.

I found the movie to have better than average video and audio. I also enjoyed the cast and the Rock's role in the movie. Taking into account the current price this movie is an easy recommend.
Old 07-09-2010, 07:20 PM

The game has a storyline? I remember the story was so paper thin it wasn't even incorporated into the gameplay. It was provided in a readme.txt file on the floppy disk.