Brotherhood of the Wolf UK Audio problem - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-26-2007, 05:35 AM

Unhappy Brotherhood of the Wolf UK Audio problem

I recieved my UK copy of brothethood of the wolf last week.

On the back of the box it says there are two audio options - DTS MA French and DTS MA English (Dubbed).

Now, I watched the film in French with subtitles and was happy with that. However, my wife has dyslexia and finds it really difficult to watch films with subtitles. So i tried to find the DTS English dubbed audio option to put on for her and could not find it anywhere on the disc. I tried every option and went into every menu but found nowhere where you could change the language. I had chosen English on the very first screen you get when the film boots up (you get a choice of English or French).

Does anyone know if this is a typo on the back of the box or am i being stupid and just can't find it ?

If anyone else has a UK copy of brotherhood of the wolf (or even if you have the french release) can you let me know if you've had the same experience.

Many thanks.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:16 AM

I heard it may be a typo actually
Old 06-26-2007, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobjonesjay View Post
If anyone else has a UK copy of brotherhood of the wolf (or even if you have the french release) can you let me know if you've had the same experience.
I have the UK release and can confirm it only has French audio, it's a misprint on the back of the box, and a very misleading one at that.

I knew about this before I bought it, so it's not a major issue for me, but it sucks for people who pick it up in the shop to check if it has English audio.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:10 AM

It is a typo. The disc is exactly the same as the French HD DVD.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:31 PM

Yeah, on Amazon.co.uk I think they even state that despite the back of the box saying it has english audio it in fact doesn't. There is nothing wrong it was just a typo mistake by the manufacture.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:54 AM

I see it was DTS-HD. Is it DTS-HD Master Audio?
Old 06-27-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronwt View Post
I see it was DTS-HD. Is it DTS-HD Master Audio?
I got my copy from Exploited Cinema, and he warns you about the mis-print, and that has French audio only. Which was what I wanted anyway.

I've loaned my copy out so I don't have it to check, but I probably shouldn't trust what the package say anyway.

But I'm pretty sure it is DTS-HD only, but I thought the audio was excellent.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 PM

I'm pretty sure the audio track is DTS-HD MA but since I don't have my copy in front of me I can't be sure.
Old 06-27-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkny75 View Post
I'm pretty sure the audio track is DTS-HD MA but since I don't have my copy in front of me I can't be sure.
It is indeed lossless DTS-HD Master Audio.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 PM

Well hopefully the HD DVD players will be upgraded to decode it in the future along with the 24P output.