Dallas Morning News article on HD DVD...Seems a little strange? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-19-2010, 09:43 AM

Default Dallas Morning News article on HD DVD...Seems a little strange?

While searching for something else with Google, a link popped up to a Dallas Morning News article published just THIS MORNING with a writeup on HD DVD and the inevitable obsolescence of any tech gadget.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.36b6b5f.html

I just found it really odd that this was put out just this morning (May 19th, 2010!!) with information that we have all known about for over 2 years already.

LOL... Maybe it will be news to some in Dallas?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:44 AM

meh, I don't know, I mean he's a little late to the party, but what he wrote is true and does contain the pertinent dates etc.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaPhil View Post
While searching for something else with Google, a link popped up to a Dallas Morning News article published just THIS MORNING with a writeup on HD DVD and the inevitable obsolescence of any tech gadget.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.36b6b5f.html

I just found it really odd that this was put out just this morning (May 19th, 2010!!) with information that we have all known about for over 2 years already.

LOL... Maybe it will be news to some in Dallas?
Dallasite checking in....only to those truly cut off from the world.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:18 PM

I didn't know the Apple iPhone 3G was about to be abandoned. I an not up to speed on phones and 3G and iPads and whatever else there is, I don't own any of it but I though the iPhone was still a current product and big seller.

Chris
Old 05-19-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris gerhard View Post
I didn't know the Apple iPhone 3G was about to be abandoned. I an not up to speed on phones and 3G and iPads and whatever else there is, I don't own any of it but I though the iPhone was still a current product and big seller.
There's a new iPhone model every year.
Old 05-19-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
There's a new iPhone model every year.
They are actually releasing a new Iphone, not just to release one and tweak the current model but because new technology exists. The current model (3g) is not outdate, seeing as all providers save AT&T currently operate on technology that is lesser than 3G, though other companies are nearly there. There is a new technology that is being called 4G, that currently exists only on the internet side and not wireless mobility side, it is 3G + more speed. It isn't a change from the base of 3G and isn't nearly the upgrade that 3G was from what is called (Edge) with AT&T but is functionally TDSM technology. There were obviously some changes that Apple wanted to make with the Iphone which will also be included in the (presumably) June release of the 4G AT&T Iphone.

Thanks
JP