Online Features - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-21-2010, 03:10 PM

Online Features

I know this must be old info, but what is the status of HD DVD online titles? Every time I load up Battlestar Galactica or any other Universal Web-Enabled movie, I get the loading screen for a few minutes and then it says my player is not connected to the internet (which it is).
Are any of the online titles still able to get online at this point, or should I not even bother plugging my player into my router anymore?
Old 04-21-2010, 03:29 PM

I haven't noticed any titles with Internet enabled content working for a long time. I think the last to work for me was Transformers, where some (but not all) of the online content still worked.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:00 PM

yea the online shit doesnt work on the german T2 either
Old 04-21-2010, 08:07 PM

The only ones I know of that still work are the Freedom 1-6 series.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
The only ones I know of that still work are the Freedom 1-6 series.
Does it let you watch Freedom 7 for free?
Old 04-25-2010, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
Does it let you watch Freedom 7 for free?
I don't think so, but it should, the bastards.

Eventually I want to get volume 7 on DVD (ripped would be fine) or BLu-ray so I can own the ending of the movie I spent $200 on.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I don't think so, but it should, the bastards.

Eventually I want to get volume 7 on DVD (ripped would be fine) or BLu-ray so I can own the ending of the movie I spent $200 on.
only way I know to get the blu ray is to buy the whole set. But if you ever find a ripped dvd, pick me up one (i'll pay you for it). I have Freedom 1-4 and after buying them is when I found out about not having 7. Never would have bought them if I knew that. My fault though, should have done more research before I bid on them on ebay. But if I could get 7 somehow, I would pick up 5 and 6 then.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejnc View Post
only way I know to get the blu ray is to buy the whole set. But if you ever find a ripped dvd, pick me up one (i'll pay you for it). I have Freedom 1-4 and after buying them is when I found out about not having 7. Never would have bought them if I knew that. My fault though, should have done more research before I bid on them on ebay. But if I could get 7 somehow, I would pick up 5 and 6 then.
Sure, I will let you know. The set was released individually in Japan as DVDs, maybe I can find it online somewhere.

Edit: Amazon.jp has it, a little pricey though (though less from 3rd party sellers). I don't mind so much the DVD because this movie has very low detail anyway and as such there's not much visual difference between DVD and HD DVD.

I also noticed that the cover art for DVD Freedom 6 and HD DVD Freedom 6 is exactly the same. Hopefully the spine on Freedom 7 DVD would look the same as well, so it'll look like the others on the shelf.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_...prefix=freedom

http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/search/index...dom+seven&site=

Last edited by bruceames; 04-25-2010 at 07:29 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:55 PM

The online features on discs dissapeared for me only months after buying... i didnt get to enjoy them at all