WOW! Blu-ray Announcements BLOWING away HD DVD news... - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-13-2006, 04:59 PM

Default WOW! Blu-ray Announcements BLOWING away HD DVD news...

As a HD-DVD owner, I am getting more and more frustrated with these DAILY Bluray title announcements...

Looks like Bluray has the stuff together to spark the holiday with interest.

Just wondering why HD-DVD isn't countering with more leaked title info to spark the consumer into the HD camp.

Dugger
Old 12-13-2006, 05:11 PM

You mean the AFTER holiday interest, since most of these anouncements are Jan/Feb/Mar timeframe.

Hopefully we will get some HD anouncements for Jan soon. This week and next are the only two weeks with decent amount of releases.

-John
Old 12-13-2006, 05:25 PM

Wait until CES when Universal tells us what they have on tap. Warner seems to have to have many great titles brewing. Weinstein and Paramount should be announcing more titles soon.

Of the BLURRY studios, Fox seems to be the only studio really announcing titles. Disney has about 4 for January and 3 for February so far. Sony has been really quiet and really hasn't announced a title that makes you go "wow!"
Old 12-13-2006, 05:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad1963 View Post
Wait until CES when Universal tells us what they have on tap. Warner seems to have to have many great titles brewing. Weinstein and Paramount should be announcing more titles soon.

Of the BLURRY studios, Fox seems to be the only studio really announcing titles. Disney has about 4 for January and 3 for February so far. Sony has been really quiet and really hasn't announced a title that makes you go "wow!"
All Warner and Paramount releases will also be on Blu-ray.
Sony's Black Hawk Down made me go "wow!"
Currently announced for 2007
Blu-ray 44
HD DVD 10

January 30th marks the day right now when available titles in North America on Blu-ray will surpass HD DVD. If the studio supports doesn't change in 2007 then you can bet by Christmas season 2007 there will be nearly double the Blu-ray titles.

There are also 23 other Warner/Paramount titles to be released in 2007 for Blu-ray to catch up with their HD DVD releases.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:47 PM

My point is that title announcements now carry a level of weight for those "on the fence" regarding format....

With the constant announcing or leaking of 1st quarter titles, bluray certainly is uping the ante.....

When I see this daily, I start to wonder where HD-DVD's heads are....

Hardware sales certainly are effected by title availability... and right now, HD certainly isn't announcing anything to entice hardware sales....

Dugger
Old 12-13-2006, 05:52 PM

This thread should probably be moved to the smackdown area, format war discussions should not be happening in this forum.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:01 PM

BLU RAY is making more of an effort to get more attention. So they seem to be trying to announce as many titles they can to gain more credibility in the marketplace. HD has released so many great (and better titles) so far and I am sure Warner, Paramount, Weinstein, and most notibly Universal have HD announcements in the wings.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
This thread should probably be moved to the smackdown area, format war discussions should not be happening in this forum.
Co-sign. Please don't post flame-bait in this area of the forums. HD DVD is doing fine.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legobricke View Post
As a HD-DVD owner, I am getting more and more frustrated with these DAILY Bluray title announcements...

Looks like Bluray has the stuff together to spark the holiday with interest.

Just wondering why HD-DVD isn't countering with more leaked title info to spark the consumer into the HD camp.

Dugger
I'm not sure what announcements you're talking about can you list them?
Old 12-13-2006, 10:35 PM

Why is this in the HD DVD forum?