HD DVD Stop Selling Garbage Please !!!! - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-21-2007, 04:25 PM

Default HD DVD Stop Selling Garbage Please !!!!

Im a huge HD DVD fan as you can tell from my sig, but Im really disgusted with the amount of garbage being put out right now. You wait for movies like Liar Liar and Bruce Almighty online to find out that the PQ is pathetic and a clear atempt to cash in on half effort HD DVD's. Just read the reviews on titles like:

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Liar Liar
Bruce Almighty
Daylight
Sneakers

Then you get tittle that just barely justify the price tag attached to an HD DVD, like Trading places, Coming to America and probably the only one worth consideration, Born on the 4th of July. These types of films should not be put on HD if they are not remastered accordingly.

P.S. Can you tell I was looking forward to some of these titles and upset at
how they tuned out ??
Old 06-21-2007, 04:29 PM

all i can say is big lebowski!
Old 06-21-2007, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by half-sane View Post
all i can say is big lebowski!
Never saw that movie yet I hear a lot of member talk great stuff regarding the film, I just saw the trailer but it was short so I could really tell. Anyways this is the perfect example you seem to be thrilled about this release, now what is it going to do for you if when it comes out if not much better than the regular sd dvd version?
Old 06-21-2007, 04:43 PM

I'll say again, this site was WAY off with the Monty Python review. If you don't believe me, netflix it. Thats pretty far from 2 1/2 stars, which the reviewer was TOTALLY wrong on.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:44 PM

I have a question Gears and I hope you don't get mad at me. It's Corpse Bride a good movie? Because I couldn't finish it.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:48 PM

The look of Python films are always 'meh', but that's their style.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:22 PM

Trading Places was an excellent transfer.
Old 06-21-2007, 06:32 PM

I sincerely hope they don't screw up Dante's Peak. It's one of my favorite natural disaster movies (except for that one cheesy shot where they're watching the volcano explode in slow-motion and they superimposed the characters' faces on the shot of the volcano).
Old 06-21-2007, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearsOfWar View Post
Im a huge HD DVD fan as you can tell from my sig, but Im really disgusted with the amount of garbage being put out right now. You wait for movies like Liar Liar and Bruce Almighty online to find out that the PQ is pathetic and a clear atempt to cash in on half effort HD DVD's. Just read the reviews on titles like:

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Liar Liar
Bruce Almighty
Daylight
Sneakers

Then you get tittle that just barely justify the price tag attached to an HD DVD, like Trading places, Coming to America and probably the only one worth consideration, Born on the 4th of July. These types of films should not be put on HD if they are not remastered accordingly.

P.S. Can you tell I was looking forward to some of these titles and upset at
how they tuned out ??
So far the worst i have seen , personally is "The Road Warrior", i thought that looked like [email protected]#$
Old 06-21-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelll View Post
I have a question Gears and I hope you don't get mad at me. It's Corpse Bride a good movie? Because I couldn't finish it.

actually ask my wife, but its nice to see you made an atempt to watch it cause I couldnt even start it. But I like your signiture if you know what I mean !