Deadlands 2 HD-DVD seems to be officially cancelled - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 02-19-2010, 03:00 PM

Angry Deadlands 2 HD-DVD seems to be officially cancelled

I just got a refund when i didnt ask for 1 so i emailed Alex. She replied "People are not sticking with the project got to pull out"
I take that as it's over =(
Old 02-19-2010, 03:06 PM

no offense to Gary whatsoever, but good riddance as far as Anthem is concerned. I am truly sorry to see this die both for everyone who wanted a disc, and certainly for Gary who had the blood and sweat into this.

Shame on Anthem for an incredibly shitty job of "handling," this project from square one. The management at that company has proven themselves to be ridiculously inept at communicating anything with regards to the project's status (largely because I believe, they didn't know what the hell they were doing to begin with), and then when contacted, they cower behind poor Alex forcing her to field questions regarding thier lack of professionalism.

I feel badly for Gary, and Alex, and hope that both can find a better company to work with in the future as IMO Anthem is completely useless.

I can't help but believe they would have attempted to deliver those shitty DVD9 discs without any prior communication had they not been outed by other means.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Banned

Awesome. And this is what happens when no one is willing to be patient and wait. Kudos!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:35 PM

Seems to me that people were tired of waiting, First it was October, then November, then Dec... now by February people are tired of the same ol game and I for one can not blame them.
The last episode where they were not going to stamp the disk in true HD was a real bummer for me but I am glad that Anthem is refunding the money now.
That company is not one I want to do business with in the future after all this.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:38 PM

patient and wait for what? I'm sorry Gizmo, but you have got to be smoking something if you think that this was somehow supposed to be anyone's fault other than Anthem's. I personally cancelled my order in January because I had had enough af this shit stain excose for a company's inabilty or wanton disregard to communicate a goddam thing to thier paying customers.

Anthem got exactly what they deserved out of this-they treated folks who were willing to initially believe in them and front the $ for this project like shit. This is what happens when you do that.

Also, the cop out of an email stating that they had to shut down the project because of people pulling out is utter fucking bullshit. It is publicly quite clear that this project failed because they destroyed any trust anyone had in them time and time again by failing to communicate. THAT is why this failed.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Banned

I get why people canceled, it's just a shame that they wouldn't go through with pressing all 500 copies and hope they would sell the canceled pre-orders. I know we've been dicked around...but...I....held out hope. Oh well. I'll use that $30 and go grab some Sushi.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:58 PM

From the looks of things I don't believe they were ever going to pull through with this. Telling us now that since people are pulling out is BS! This disk should have been pressed before now.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:05 PM

agreed Ziggs, I think the recent run on cancellations just offered up an excuse they were more than happy to jump at at this point.

Giz-enjoy your fish.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:09 PM

One lesson learned from this experience is that communication is everything.

Anthem's failure to communicate not only cost them sales but possibly future business for their future releases.

This is sad day, the only HD DVD's of this project to exist are the 2 check disc samples one of which I gave to the films co-composer and I hold the other. Maybe some day I will auction it off to raise money for the third film... but I may keep it for collection purposes.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:13 PM

Indeed, Gary.

Part of what frustrates me so much is your obvious willingness and desire to communicate whatever/whenever you could and that Anthem's complete lack of doing so was so prevalent that it managed to overshadow your efforts as well. They weren't just bad enough to fuck this up on thier own, they handled this so poorly they managed to fuck up your efforts as well.