'Sneakers' - High-Def Digest review - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Sneakers' - High-Def Digest review

Just posted Kenneth's review of 'Sneakers.' He was disappointed with this HD DVD presentation -- the video quality is average, the audio isn't much better, and the supplement package is reheated at best. This one's for fans only.

Full review here:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/sneakers.html
Old 06-20-2007, 01:21 PM

This is kind of what I expected the review to be like. Since I am a fan, I was not quite as disappointed as he was, but I can't disagree with him either. I don't regret my purchase for a second, mind you, but I do wish Universal had spent a little more time on one of my favorite movies.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:35 PM

Can't say I'm not dissapointed, Well Born on the 4th has gotten pretty damn good reviews for video so I guess Ill pick that up instead.
Old 06-20-2007, 04:58 PM

He is totally off base on this one. It looks the best it has ever looked. I'm in agreement on Daylight and I can see his point about Liar Liar (which I thought looked fine). But Sneakers looked much better than this reviewer feels...AND THE FRIGHTENERS looked better than he said also!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:08 PM

My wife and I really enjoyed Sneakers and I thought it looked decent.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkremer View Post
This is kind of what I expected the review to be like. Since I am a fan, I was not quite as disappointed as he was, but I can't disagree with him either. I don't regret my purchase for a second, mind you, but I do wish Universal had spent a little more time on one of my favorite movies.
pkremer,

I finally got my movie today.

I am still waiting for your personal review.
Old 06-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divian View Post
pkremer,

I finally got my movie today.

I am still waiting for your personal review.
I already put it in my original thread, near the bottom.
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/showthread.php?t=7578

I felt the picture quality was better than the reviewer gave it credit for...I thought the actual PQ was a 4, although all the little distracting flecks bugged me enough for my personal review to go to 3.5. I am very happy to have this movie in HD, it is a noticable improvement over the S-DVD. If only the transfer were cleaner...*sigh*
Old 07-25-2009, 01:00 AM

Having never been afforded entry into the Sneakers universe, I had no idea what this was about but it was an overall fun ride...ridiculous in spots but lighthearted and exciting all the same. The politicizing (which they beat over our heads at the beginning and the end, making Republicans out to be a group of whitey racists) was disappointing but predictable.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:08 AM

Good movie, not horrible pq... but to the poster above a few- Born on the 4th of July looks really good. Definitely better PQ of the two.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:54 PM

SNEAKERS is a great film, with an average transfer. I think it would take a lot to make this one look good.