'Wolf Creek' - pre-release buzz - High-Def Digest Forums
View Poll Results: How excited are you about this disc release?
I just peed myself (very excited) 2 15.38%
Excited, but not incontinent 2 15.38%
Will wait to read reviews 2 15.38%
Not excited at all 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2006, 07:03 PM
HDD Founder

Default 'Wolf Creek' - pre-release buzz

This thread is for discussion of 'Wolf Creek,' announced for release on December 5.

Disc Details:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/wolfcreek.html

Release Announcement:
http://hddvd.highdefdigest.com/news/...nch_Titles/282
Old 01-02-2007, 03:52 PM

Good review!

Alas, I too had problems with this disk on my XBox 360 HDD drive. The main feature plays fine (although a messy quick flash warning about the disk not being playable because of parental control settings flashes up each time I insert the disk) but The Making of steadfastly refuses to play. The XBox 360 HDD drive gives a "This disk will not play" error with a status code of "C667000B".

The "interview with Jarrett" does play - but over the VGA connection I'm using the picture is stretched vertically so everybody looks like a stick figure - I've never seen this on any of my other HD-DVDs.

Given the reviewer's problems with the disk on his Toshiba player I'm wondering if the problem is just that the Weinstein disks aren't being mastered correctly?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:25 PM

I am still having trouble getting the disc to play,it won't.
I send it back,and they sended me a new one..but my Toshiba HD-A1 had the same problems with reading it...somebody have the same problem here?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:45 PM

My copy works perfectly. No issues with the commentary or any of the extras.
edit: I'm using the 360 add-on to play it.

Last edited by cordillius; 01-06-2007 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

I'm using the HD DVD addon, and have had no problems with the actual movie and the majority of the bonus features. Mine has the stupid pop up at the beggining saying "parental controls...blah blah" and then the disc starts. But one thing I haven't been able to get to work is the "Making Of Wolf CreeK' special feature.

Does this feature work on yours, it's just gives me an error code and stops the disc. Thanks .
Old 01-06-2007, 05:26 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Woah sorry for the many spelling errors on my previous post, I don't know what I was thinking.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
I'm using the HD DVD addon, and have had no problems with the actual movie and the majority of the bonus features. Mine has the stupid pop up at the beggining saying "parental controls...blah blah" and then the disc starts. But one thing I haven't been able to get to work is the "Making Of Wolf CreeK' special feature.

Does this feature work on yours, it's just gives me an error code and stops the disc. Thanks .
Yup that's the exact same problem I'm getting (except in my case it doesn't stop the disc - it goes to the XBox 360 panel and shows a status code with an OK button. If I don't click on the OK button I can hear the audio of the 'Making of' playing. WHen I hit the OK button the disc does indeed stop.

I'm also getting the picture stretched vertically (faces are longer and thinner than they should be) on all the extra's that do play (the film itself is fine). I'm using a VGA connector and haven't tried the component connector to see if that fixes things.

I've got a Toshiba XE1 on order so when that arrives I'm hoping it will play it. If it doesn't I'll look into getting a replacement, otherwise I'll live with it and put it down to an XBox 360 compatibility problem.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:54 PM

How is the movie? PQ, audio, the movie itself? ANyone want to talk about that? I like the genre, but I do not want to make a blind purchase either.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceace View Post
How is the movie? PQ, audio, the movie itself? ANyone want to talk about that? I like the genre, but I do not want to make a blind purchase either.
I've ordered Wolf Creek from Amazon, but haven't received it yet. I can't speak for the HD quality yet, but I am a big horror fan and I personally really enjoyed the movie, I'm not sure why there's some animosity towards it from some people. Only thing I can figure is it's like Hostel in that some people thought it was the second coming of horror and others thought it campy. I personally enjoyed Wolf Creek for its grittieness and disturbing lead character.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32 View Post
I've ordered Wolf Creek from Amazon, but haven't received it yet. I can't speak for the HD quality yet, but I am a big horror fan and I personally really enjoyed the movie, I'm not sure why there's some animosity towards it from some people. Only thing I can figure is it's like Hostel in that some people thought it was the second coming of horror and others thought it campy. I personally enjoyed Wolf Creek for its grittieness and disturbing lead character.
I did not care for Hostel too much. I bought it, watched it once, and gave it to a friend. Don't really care if I get it back. It is not a movie I would ever pull out again.

Is Wolf Creek like that? When I was a kid Sleepaway Camp & I Spit on Your Grave were two movie's I remember. For Christmas don't forget about Silent Night Deadly Night. They don't make them like that no more.