HD-DVD Web Enabled Titles - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-28-2009, 11:43 AM

I've been curious about this myself, although I tried not to think about it too much for two reasons-
1. Most of the web-enabled content sucked. The Transformers one was pretty cool and I used alot of those downloads alot (even though they made my player freeze a couple of times).
2. there isn't anything I can do to change the fact that the servers are/will eventually go down.
I'm gonna check out some of my HD DVD's later this week and see what happens.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeags View Post
Universal, on the other hand, really sucks on my LG BH200. They're the one that was exclusively on the HD DVD side from the beginning, and their discs won't load because it's trying to connect to the server. I tried with Bourne Ultimatum, BSG Season 1, and Eastern Promises, and gave up from there. So you have to manually disconnect from the internet, and then load your discs.
No kidding, Universal HD-DVD discs are a problem now! I have to unplug the Ethernet connection. Frankly, I just keep it unplugged now because there's been nothing interesting about BD-Live yet.

It would be a service for LG to provide a firmware update to allow a setting to turn off Ethernet access for HD-DVDs on the BH200. And the same for the Sammy combo player, although I don't have one so I don't really care.