Does TMT 6 still play HD DVDs? - Page 2 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-17-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDVD73 View Post
anyone know?
I am about to find that out!
I have TMT 3 which supports HD DVD like a champ except at resolutions over 2560 x 1600, all i get is a black screen with sound when i try to play HD DVDs at 3840 x 2160 @60Hz, so i have to settle for 2560 x 1440p @30Hz which isn't bad, but nothing compares to HD or BD discs output at 2160p.

If u need a copy of TMT 3 let me know i can email the ZIP file to u. :iconhddvdpngci7: :wink:
Old 01-21-2016, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blubberduck86 View Post
I am about to find that out!
I have TMT 3 which supports HD DVD like a champ except at resolutions over 2560 x 1600, all i get is a black screen with sound when i try to play HD DVDs at 3840 x 2160 @60Hz, so i have to settle for 2560 x 1440p @30Hz which isn't bad, but nothing compares to HD or BD discs output at 2160p.

If u need a copy of TMT 3 let me know i can email the ZIP file to u. :iconhddvdpngci7: :wink:
TMT 5 playing HD DVD will work with the higher resolution display.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
TMT 5 playing HD DVD will work with the higher resolution display.
Hey Bruce,

as for TMT 5, could you please let me know if you are using it on Windows 10? I have a full version of:

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5.0.1.114 Final

I am able to install it on Windows 10 + the programm and HD DVD discs do start very well. After some minutes the computer always crashes. I have tried TMT 5 now on about 3 different computers with Windows 10 and I always got the same crash.

Maybe Windows 10 does not support TMT 5?
Old 03-07-2016, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noibeli View Post
Hey Bruce,

as for TMT 5, could you please let me know if you are using it on Windows 10? I have a full version of:

Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 5.0.1.114 Final

I am able to install it on Windows 10 + the programm and HD DVD discs do start very well. After some minutes the computer always crashes. I have tried TMT 5 now on about 3 different computers with Windows 10 and I always got the same crash.

Maybe Windows 10 does not support TMT 5?
I'll check when I get home Blerim. I never played more than a few minutes of it. I also have it installed on Windows 8.1 so I'll compare both. BTW, you do know you can play the evo files with the MPC-HC player, don't you? Yeah, it's not the same as having the menus (and it seems you can't choose subtitles either?) but at least that software is up to date and we won't have to be worrying about compatibility issues.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:33 AM

I played about 20 minutes of an HD DVD on Windows 10 before I stopped it. However the video wasn't always smooth like it is in Windows 8.1. Without the smooth video it's not very useful.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I'll check when I get home Blerim. I never played more than a few minutes of it. I also have it installed on Windows 8.1 so I'll compare both. BTW, you do know you can play the evo files with the MPC-HC player, don't you? Yeah, it's not the same as having the menus (and it seems you can't choose subtitles either?) but at least that software is up to date and we won't have to be worrying about compatibility issues.
Bruce, thanks for checking out your HD DVD gear. As you confirmed TMT 5 won't play fine on Windows 10. I will have to find an other software or a computer with Windows 8. I totally like TMT 5, it's easy to use + very comfortable.

I have also tried playing thr evo files via MPC-HC player but it's not compareable to TMT 5 😊.

Best Wishes buddy 👍🏻

Blerim
Old 03-15-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noibeli View Post
Bruce, thanks for checking out your HD DVD gear. As you confirmed TMT 5 won't play fine on Windows 10. I will have to find an other software or a computer with Windows 8. I totally like TMT 5, it's easy to use + very comfortable.

I have also tried playing thr evo files via MPC-HC player but it's not compareable to TMT 5 😊.

Best Wishes buddy 👍🏻

Blerim
Blerim, I think the long run solution will be to have your computer do a dual boot, with Windows 8 and the current Windows version installed. Also you could have a separate PC with Windows 8 like you mention. But it looks like Windows 8 (or Windows 7) will have to be paired with TMT5 going forward.

Personally I have a Mac, with Parallels software so that I have Windows running on top of the Mac OS. I have 3 versions of Windows installed on it (7,8,10) so I can go back and forth without rebooting or even have all 3 versions of Windows running at the same time!

But I did have to buy a full version of Windows 8 from the MS store, since you need a license to pass it from PC to PC.