bye bye T2 and other french imports.... - Page 6 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-03-2007, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmguy1974 View Post
Thanks for the info, guys.

So, I take it we're going to have to play wait-and-see as far as the forced subtitles issue goes?
As it will also be released in the UK it's very unlikely the subtitles will be forced (Studio Canal have said forced subtitles only when they only have the rights to a movie in France).
Old 04-03-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njl View Post
As it will also be released in the UK it's very unlikely the subtitles will be forced (Studio Canal have said forced subtitles only when they only have the rights to a movie in France).
Good to know. Thanks for the help!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:37 AM

Well I got my confirmation email and I am only getting Total Recall and Enemy at the Gates. With T2 being on hold till it's back instock... least I think that's what it said. Or it cancelled out the T2 disc. Not sure even with the babblefish translation it read kinda funky.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynthnut View Post
Well I got my confirmation email and I am only getting Total Recall and Enemy at the Gates. With T2 being on hold till it's back instock... least I think that's what it said. Or it cancelled out the T2 disc. Not sure even with the babblefish translation it read kinda funky.
Terminator 2 is one of the batch of Studio Canal titles that have been postponed to May 21st or 22nd, to allow them to use the new AACS keys.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:22 PM

Mulholland Dr. is now showing a ship date of SEP 30th at Amazon UK !!!! Geeze, guess we have to wait a while.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumdb1 View Post
Mulholland Dr. is now showing a ship date of SEP 30th at Amazon UK !!!! Geeze, guess we have to wait a while.
Supposedly the French version should ship May 21st according to a blog and to the FNAC website.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:21 AM

Finally received the latest email from Amazon.fr

Quote:
For your attention, on the part of amazon. fr.

We wish to inform you of the lastest changes concerning your order [402-4502560-2122531].

We regret to inform you that we are not be able to expedite the following items initially announced on our site:

Arnold Schwarzenegger (Actor), et al "Terminator 2, le jugement
dernier [HD DVD]" [HD DVD]
I did the best I could in translating, a bit rough but you get the picture.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 04-06-2007, 09:58 PM

Yea my Total Recall and Enemy at the Gates should be here within the week.

For Terminator2 it said something like the end of April for a ship out...April 24th to April 30th.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biosynthnut View Post
Yea my Total Recall and Enemy at the Gates should be here within the week.

For Terminator2 it said something like the end of April for a ship out...April 24th to April 30th.
I wouldn't trust the dates too much until the item actually ships. Also, my "Enemy at the Gates" and "Two Brothers" are being prepared for shipping, bit the dates Terminator 2 and other such titles keep shifting, so I don't really expect them to ship out until May 21st or thereabouts.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelplayer View Post
straight from xploited's website, apparently all studio canal releases have been delayed indefinately

UNFORTUNATELY STUDIO CANAL HAS POSTPONED THIS RELEASE INDEFINITELY. WHEN WE ARE NOTIFIED OF A RELEASE DATE IT WILL BE UPDATED. ANYONE WHO PRE-ORDERED THIS, OR OTHER MARCH STUDIO CANAL RELEASES, WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THEIR ORDER OPEN OR CANCEL IT.
There site now says "IN STOCK BY MAY 31. PRE-ORDER NOW AND YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED UNTIL YOUR ORDER SHIPS. ALL DVDS ORDERED ALONG WITH THIS PRE-ORDER WILL SHIP ONCE THIS IS IN STOCK"