bye bye T2 and other french imports.... - Page 5 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Banned

This is pretty crazy. What does an upgrading the AACS layer mean? Why would that forestall another exploit?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyh3dron View Post
Does this mean Studio CANAL is going neutral??
Studio Canal has always been neutral. There just haven't been enough BD players out for them to release any titles.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalodger View Post
Attachment 117

Attachment 118

Attachment 119

Mulholland Drive is listed on Amazon.co.uk but with a release date of Sep07

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mulholland-D...5038955&sr=8-3

Where as Sendit has it for March?

http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7001000131527

Although Brother hood of Wolf is coming out in April on Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brotherhood-...5038955&sr=8-3

Hope this helps ! This is one of the only HD perks I can see about living in the UK at the moment!
This page has some information on the UK Optimum releases topic:

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=64228
==================
Visitors to the official Optimum Releasing website may have noticed the recent addition of three HD DVD titles to their schedules. Michael Cimino’s Vietnam war drama The Deer Hunter and David Lynch’s Mulholland Drive are both down for 26th March, while Christophe Gans’ Brotherhood of the Wolf is scheduled for 23rd April.

We contacted Optimum for confirmation of these releases, and have learned that dates for The Deer Hunter and Brotherhood of the Wolf are accurate, while Mulholland Drive on HD DVD has just been postponed indefinitely.

No further details were available at this time, but we do have some artwork for you…
==================
Old 03-28-2007, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
I got "Total Recall" on HD DVD because I bought it before I bought the PS3. However, according to everything I have heard, the Canal+ version is better than the Blu-ray version. Also here is a review of the Canal+ version: http://www.dvdtown.com/news/firstloo...dvdimport/4282

Because I suspect they will do a better job for Terminator 2 as well (I really believe in VC-1 over MPEG-2, especially on BD25), I have ordered that from France even now (though I am waiting for it to ship, if it does not get delayed until May as rumored).

Thanks for that Blurry, if it wasnt bad enough having tripled dipped this title already over the years , from VHS, DVD to Blu Ray, and now maybe HD

Maybe a side by side review might be possible once you have yours, if you can borrow a copy on Blu Ray, just for interests sake, might show a few HD haters and I'd be interested to see if I need to repurchase this again as I do love it

Cheers Nick
Old 03-28-2007, 08:36 AM

Here's an updated they posted today on the HD DVD Blog about European releases.

Quote:
The 15 HD DVD titles announced earlier by Studio Canal will now due at retail on May 21 instead of March 26 or March 5. The delay is possibly due to the need to press the discs with the latest/updated AACS layer for all 15 HD DVD titles released by Studio Canal. Studio Canal has indicated that the discs with the updated AACS layer will not affect playback on standalone HD DVD players such as Toshiba HD DVD players and Microsoft Xbox360 HD DVD add-on. Software HD DVD players bundled with HD DVD PC drives may need software updates/upgrades to playback those discs.

Warner Home Video (France) has announced Le Prestige (The Prestige) on HD DVD, June 6. The HD DVD will contain Dolby Digital-Plus audio tracks. The bonus materials are expected to be presented in high-definition. English [SDH], French, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Finnish, German [SDH] & Dutch subtitles are provided.

German HD DVD Releases

Universal Pictures Germany and Studio Canal have announced that Ran, Arizona Dream and Armee im Schatten (L'armee des ombres) will also be released on HD DVD in Germany, this April 26, instead of March 29. The disc specs for each title will be the same as those announced for the French HD DVD release.

European/U.K. HD DVD Releases

We've been informed that the following titles (not an exhaustive list) will be available in the coming months or so, in Europe... You may want to check with your local retail stores or local websites covering HD DVD releases in your area for specific release dates and details.

* The Deer Hunter
* Ran
* Brotherhood of the Wolf
* Chronicles of Riddick
* Children of Men
* An American Werewolf in London
* The Dukes of Hazzard Unrated
* Blazing Saddles
* The Island
* Lady in the Water
* Swan Lake (Opus Arte)
* Backdraft
* Dreamgirls
* World Trade Center
* 16 Blocks
* The Holiday
* The Mummy
* The Mummy Returns
* Ray
* All the Goals (FIFA World Cup)
* Red Dragon
* The Thing
http://hddvdformat.blogspot.com/index.html
Old 04-03-2007, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurry View Post
Ok, I guess we are all in the same boat. I am expecting them to end up being postponed until May, but I am still holding out hope until something happens one way or the other on Amazon.fr.
Has there been any word on the French release of Mulholland Dr. yet?

Another question I've seen posed about this version is whether or not it will have forced subtitles. Any definitive answer on that?
Old 04-03-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmguy1974 View Post
Has there been any word on the French release of Mulholland Dr. yet?

Another question I've seen posed about this version is whether or not it will have forced subtitles. Any definitive answer on that?
Well, I have been waiting for Amazon to give a new date, probably to match the recent news that the titles are being delayed till May 22nd. I am a little confused though since it has been more than a week and Amazon Fr is still listing them as shipping in 4 to 5 days and there are several Amazon marketlpace sellers indicating they have it in stock (don't know whether to believe them).

In any case, my order that I had put in way back in December has not budged, so I am still expecting that May 22nd is probably the right date.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:41 PM

Fnac (the other French etailer I've used several times), who are often better at updating with specifications and changed release dates, gives May 21st as the release date for Mulholland Drive (and the other delayed titles).
Old 04-03-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njål View Post
Fnac (the other French etailer I've used several times), who are often better at updating with specifications and changed release dates, gives May 21st as the release date for Mulholland Drive (and the other delayed titles).
They probably have the right info. I never thought to use the FNAC online, I used to shop at their Brick and Mortar shop all the time (for Music) when I lived in France.
Old 04-03-2007, 01:56 PM

Thanks for the info, guys.

So, I take it we're going to have to play wait-and-see as far as the forced subtitles issue goes?