bye bye T2 and other french imports.... - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 03-26-2007, 06:15 AM

It seems the 2nd wave French Studio Canal titles in Amazon France still have today (March 26th) marked as release date.

Now the titles have this kind of availability statement there:

"Usually dispatched under 4 to 7 days. Dispatched and sold by Amazon.fr."

There's no cover art for any of those titles there. I'm supposing they are going to be delayed but it's still not evident from information available on Amazon France site. Need to wait and see what happens in the next few days...
Old 03-26-2007, 09:35 PM

I just received an email from Amazon.fr confirming that T2 HD DVD has been shipped and should expect it by next week. It appears that the movie has not been delayed or postponed after all. Does anyone know differently?

Hey, kannisto, have you heard any news on Universal's release slate in Japan. I want Kill Bill 1 & 2 for sure! I already own the Japanese version of Vol. 1 because it's uncensored and released by Universal.
Unfollow me at twitter: @MEnoisDuarte

Movies are so rarely great art that if we cannot appreciate great trash
we have very little reason to be interested in them.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 03-26-2007, 11:26 PM

Thumbs up RENAISSANCE HD DVD mini review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzparentl View Post
Nice, that is good news. I was considering importing the French HD DVD of this but it did not have an english track or subtitles.
I just finished watching it. It boost a very good visual transfer. In other words, stunning and the audio is 5/5 stars. The surrounds are put to use a lot and the channel separation is excellent. Also low frequency bass really shakes the house. The movie comes presented in 2.35:1 with DTS HD MA in German and English. Subs are only in German and there are not extra features that can be found in the disc.

My review is.
Movie 3/5 (I have to watch again)
Video 4.5/5 (this is a very weird movie in terms of video due to is only 2 colors Black and white only)
Audio: 5/5 Crank it up and you will see why DTS HD MA is a winner here.

Overall rating is 4.5/5

Last edited by casper77; 03-26-2007 at 11:31 PM.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize View Post
I just received an email from Amazon.fr confirming that T2 HD DVD has been shipped and should expect it by next week. It appears that the movie has not been delayed or postponed after all. Does anyone know differently?
You sure yours said it was shipped? Here's my google translation of the email I got tonight:

We would wish to inform you of the last changes concerning your order. We regret to inform you that we will not be able to initially dispatch you the following articles within the deadlines advertisements on our site: Arnold Schwarzenegger (Actor), et al. “Terminator 2, the judgement the last [HD DVD] “[HD DVD] Although we put all works about it so that each customer profits from an irreproachable service of quality, it arrives that constraints independent of our will oppose our objective to satisfy you fully. We are sincerely sorry. You have the possibility constantly of consulting the state of your order and to bring all types of modifications there: cancellation of one article, change of the mode of payment, change of the addresses and of the option of delivery for each article not sent. For that, it you is enough to connect you on our site and to click on heading “Your Account” or to click directly on the following bond:<snip>
Old 03-26-2007, 11:47 PM

^ However, Amazon still lists it as shipping within 4-8 days, so they may have simply run out of stock (and eNoize's was shipped earlier). Mine is listed as shipping tomorrow (it always has, for some reason) and I still have not heard anything otherwise, but I am bracing for the worst.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:

Hey, kannisto, have you heard any news on Universal's release slate in Japan. I want Kill Bill 1 & 2 for sure! I already own the Japanese version of Vol. 1 because it's uncensored and released by Universal.
I on the other hand received an e-mail from Amazon France explaining that the 2nd wave Studio Canal titles I have ordered are not available to be shipped yet (Mulholland Drive, Brotherhood of the Wolf, Serpico, The Graduate and Ran). I put my order in already in late January so I should have been rather well placed in their queue. My order does not include T2 though.

Babelfish translation of the e-mail goes something like this:
==========================
With your attention, on behalf of amazon.fr. We would wish to inform you of the last changes concerning your order [xxx]. We regret to inform you that we will not initially be able to you expedier the following articles within the deadlines advertisements on our site: Justin Theroux (Actor), et al. "Mulholland Drive [ HD DVD ]" [ HD DVD ] Samuel Bihan (Actor), et al. "the Pact of wolves [ HD DVD ]" [ HD DVD ] Tatsuya Nakadai (Actor), et al. "Ran [ HD DVD ]" [ HD DVD ] Al Pacino (Actor), et al. "Serpico [ HD DVD ]" [ HD DVD ] Dustin Hoffman (Actor), et al. "laur?at [ HD DVD ]" [ HD DVD ] Although we put all works about it so that each customer beneficie of a service of quality irreprochable, it arrives that constraints independantes of our will oppose our objective to satisfy you fully.
etc...
==========================

About Universal's releases in Japan - I don't have any knowledge about Kill Bill release currently. Toshiba has this web page that has a list of upcoming Japanese HD DVD releases (in Japanese only):
http://www3.toshiba.co.jp/hdd-dvd/pr...log/index.html

There are some upcoming Universal Japan releases there but they have all been released in US already (Hulk, An American Werewolf in London, Backdraft, Miami Vice). I guess nothing has been announced about Kill Bill yet.
I would be interested in it too.
Old 03-27-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireshoes View Post
You sure yours said it was shipped? Here's my google translation of the email I got tonight:

We would wish to inform you of the last changes concerning your order. We regret to inform you that we will not be able to initially dispatch you the following articles within the deadlines advertisements on our site: Arnold Schwarzenegger (Actor), et al. “Terminator 2, the judgement the last [HD DVD] “[HD DVD] Although we put all works about it so that each customer profits from an irreproachable service of quality, it arrives that constraints independent of our will oppose our objective to satisfy you fully. We are sincerely sorry. You have the possibility constantly of consulting the state of your order and to bring all types of modifications there: cancellation of one article, change of the mode of payment, change of the addresses and of the option of delivery for each article not sent. For that, it you is enough to connect you on our site and to click on heading “Your Account” or to click directly on the following bond:<snip>
I received the same email about a week ago, which is also similar to the one kannisto received. The only difference was that my email also states that Total Recall would be shipped first (which I received today! ) and T2 would be shipped at a later time. Today, I received an email stating an apology for the delay but that I should expect my package to arrive between 3 April - 7 April. To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not sure I can believe the email until I find the package sitting on my front porch. I hope the information is accurate and not some mix-up.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 03-27-2007, 12:28 AM

Quote:
I received the same email about a week ago, which is also similar to the one kannisto received. The only difference was that my email also states that Total Recall would be shipped first (which I received today! ) and T2 would be shipped at a later time. Today, I received an email stating an apology for the delay but that I should expect my package to arrive between 3 April - 7 April. To be perfectly honest with you, I'm not sure I can believe the email until I find the package sitting on my front porch. I hope the information is accurate and not some mix-up.
When you go to your account ("Votre Compte") on Amazon, what does it show as the status of your order?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:09 AM

Quote:
Date de livraison estimee: 3 avril 2007 - 12 avril 2007

* 1 ex. de : Terminator 2, le jugement dernier [HD DVD]
Vendu par : Amazon.fr
Like I said, I won't believe it until I see it. There are so many rumors floating around that I just don't know what to believe.

~ Pauline Kael
Old 03-27-2007, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eNoize
Quote:
Date de livraison estimee: 3 avril 2007 - 12 avril 2007

* 1 ex. de : Terminator 2, le jugement dernier [HD DVD]
Vendu par : Amazon.fr
Like I said, I won't believe it until I see it. There are so many rumors floating around that I just don't know what to believe.
Well, mine says the same thing, but it has not been shipped yet. I mean, is there any language indicating that it was shipped? Make sure it does not still say "Articles non expédiés" which means it has not yet shipped.

Sorry to bug you on this, I am just trying to get an idea of the situation. But in any case I will find out soon enough - I am just so impatient!!