High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   HD DVD Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-software-general-discussion-9/)
-   -   bye bye T2 and other french imports.... (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-software-general-discussion/4733-bye-bye-t2-other-french-imports.html)

nickelplayer 03-18-2007 05:13 AM

bye bye T2 and other french imports....

straight from xploited's website, apparently all studio canal releases have been delayed indefinately

UNFORTUNATELY STUDIO CANAL HAS POSTPONED THIS RELEASE INDEFINITELY. WHEN WE ARE NOTIFIED OF A RELEASE DATE IT WILL BE UPDATED. ANYONE WHO PRE-ORDERED THIS, OR OTHER MARCH STUDIO CANAL RELEASES, WILL BE NOTIFIED VIA EMAIL AND ASKED IF THEY WOULD LIKE TO KEEP THEIR ORDER OPEN OR CANCEL IT.

Blurry 03-18-2007 01:45 PM

It still shows up for order in France and Germany. It could be that the notice was put up on March 5th when they were supposed to come out and ended up getting delayed until March 26th - I could see someone at Exploited putting up this notice in a knee jerk reaction based on that - I don't think that Exploited gets their releases directly from Studio Canal, I believe they order them in bulk from Amazon just like I do (one of my orders from them looked like they had simply quickly repackaged the item that was delivered to them from France).

Well, we will see -the release date is pretty close. My orders and the listings still show them on track.

Blurry 03-18-2007 02:31 PM

Ok, I have been doing some research. I can find a reference to a press release stating that the 2nd wave of Studio Canal HD DVD releases have been delayed until May 21st in order to integrate a new version of AACS (which is what I suspect caused many of the HD DVD releases so far), though I cannot find the original press release, so I don't feel 100% verified.

This is very unfortunate if true (I have been waiting adamantly for "Mulholland Drive"), but since I have so many other orders coming through on the week of the 26th, in a sense it is some financial relief (though I would have preferred no delays, of course :( ).

On a side note, it seems like "The Perfume" was actually released this last week in Germany and "Renaissance" looks like it is still on schedule. The Fox Pathe titles have also been released (including "Enemy at the Gates" which I have ordered, as well as Alexander, which I didn't).

Josh Z 03-18-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurry (Post 81187)
The Fox Pathe titles have also been released (including "Enemy at the Gates" which I have ordered, as well as Alexander, which I didn't).

Which cut of the movie is Alexander?

Blurry 03-18-2007 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Z (Post 81447)
Which cut of the movie is Alexander?

Since it has not been labeled in any other way, I imagine it is the theatrical cut. That is the primary reason I did not order it, I am waiting for Warner to release the ultimate director's cut version.

casper77 03-19-2007 03:57 AM

I don't know if you guys would are but the movie RENAISSANCE will be released march 22 from amazon.de and xploitedcinema.com on march 23. I just preordered it. It has the english track in DTS HD MA.

hddvdfanatic 03-19-2007 01:44 PM

what is the web site of the xploited's?

tranzparentl 03-19-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casper77 (Post 81572)
I don't know if you guys would are but the movie RENAISSANCE will be released march 22 from amazon.de and xploitedcinema.com on march 23. I just preordered it. It has the english track in DTS HD MA.

Nice, that is good news. I was considering importing the French HD DVD of this but it did not have an english track or subtitles.

Blurry 03-19-2007 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tranzparentl (Post 81793)
Nice, that is good news. I was considering importing the French HD DVD of this but it did not have an english track or subtitles.

Yeah, this one is in my list of orders from Germany, along with "The Perfume" and Rambo. They should be shipped out by the end of this week.

Bee 03-19-2007 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurry (Post 81796)
Yeah, this one is in my list of orders from Germany, along with "The Perfume" and Rambo. They should be shipped out by the end of this week.

I own Total Recall (my first import from Studio Canal), and I do have to say that I enjoy their promo a lot, better than the US promo that comes on HD DVDs.

With that being said, there is a clip of Rambo as well as T2, and the PQ looks OUTSTANDING.