High-Def Digest Forums

High-Def Digest Forums (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/)
-   HD DVD Software General Discussion (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-software-general-discussion-9/)
-   -   Bourne Ultimatum problem (https://forums.highdefdigest.com/hd-dvd-software-general-discussion/111267-bourne-ultimatum-problem.html)

pwrof3 11-28-2010 03:19 AM

Bourne Ultimatum problem

So, I went to rewatch The Bourne Ultimatum today. I bought it brand new when it was first released and watched it twice. Haven't touched it since then and it has been sitting on my shelf.
I went to play it today and for some reason my Toshiba A3 will not get past the loading screen. The physical disc is clean and free from any scratches. Has anyone else had a problem with this? It seems strange that it would just stop working for no reason.

Cochise 11-28-2010 09:52 AM

Try clearing out the memory - in Setup, the last setting at the bottom, Clear Persistent Memory. Some HD DVDs leave cookies & settings in memory that can cause problems with other HD DVDs.

joeags 11-28-2010 12:57 PM

Make sure that you're not connected to the network - simply unplugging your network cable should do the trick. Universal took down all online features, and I believe the disc is looking for information and locks up when it can't download it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwrof3 (Post 2066357)
So, I went to rewatch The Bourne Ultimatum today. I bought it brand new when it was first released and watched it twice. Haven't touched it since then and it has been sitting on my shelf.
I went to play it today and for some reason my Toshiba A3 will not get past the loading screen. The physical disc is clean and free from any scratches. Has anyone else had a problem with this? It seems strange that it would just stop working for no reason.

Cochise 11-28-2010 02:13 PM

Good point - no sense in having an HD DVD player connected to the internet these days, no content, no FW updates available.

pwrof3 11-29-2010 02:57 PM

Clearing the data and removing the ethernet cable worked for me. Thank you guys!
I've had the ethernet plugged in since 2007 and forgot about it!

chris gerhard 12-16-2010 03:11 PM

I played this recently. I had never tried to access any of the internet features with HD DVD and wasn't able to get anywhere. Now I know why. Mine played fine using an LG BH200 connected to the internet.

DjfunkmasterG 12-16-2010 03:26 PM

Out of every copy of TBU I own, I can never finish the whole film on the HD side it just glitches in the same spot, I end up just watching the DVD side.

joeags 12-18-2010 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris gerhard (Post 2081731)
I played this recently. I had never tried to access any of the internet features with HD DVD and wasn't able to get anywhere. Now I know why. Mine played fine using an LG BH200 connected to the internet.

I don't have any problems connecting with the LG BH200 either with it hooked up to the internet (same with Battlestar Galactica), but the Toshiba 3rd generation players (HD-A3 & HD-A35 were tested) wouldn't get past that loading or connecting or whatever it was called at the beginning.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG (Post 2081747)
Out of every copy of TBU I own, I can never finish the whole film on the HD side it just glitches in the same spot, I end up just watching the DVD side.

This is another problem with the Toshiba players - I always got the skipping and freezing in the hospital at the end, but when I put it into the BH200, I had no problems. I was hoping the 4.0 update would fix this, but it never did. The 3 problem releases that I had on the A3 & A35 were Bourne Ultimatum, BSG disc 3 I think, and 1 or two Star Trek TOS Discs, but I have no problem with the BH200 on those. Of course I have issues with the BH200 on American Gangster, Robin Hood S1, etc, but the A35 is fine. *shrug*

JackHunt 12-18-2010 09:06 PM

Man, this takes me back! Went through 3 copies of the film and could never get it to play correctly all the way through on my A35.

I can't remember if I finally got it to go on the last copy or if it was the best I could get it, e.g. minor problems. I'm pretty sure it played all the way through on the BH200, I sold off my copy though.

DjfunkmasterG 12-19-2010 10:06 AM

Is this disc error related more towards 3rd gen players? or have people seen it across all spectrums (1st-3rd)