'Balls of Fury' - High-Def Digest review - Page 3 - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-20-2007, 10:22 PM

I am curious if there was a noticeable difference between the TrueHD and Dolby Digital Plus at 1.5Mbps. Everything I have read has said that DD+ at 1.5 is transparent to the master. Before this release I have not known of any other title that contains both DD+ at 1.5 and Dolby TrueHD.

Anyone planning on doing a true comparison to see if there is any difference?
Old 12-22-2007, 02:55 PM

Thumbs down

This movie was absolute crap! The only time I even smirked was the scenes with Thomas Lennon in them. How could he give this movie a 3.5/5. I understand personal taste,, but knowone over the age of 12 would laugh at this movie. Its not even a movie "just to watch"
Although it sucks,, the PQ was impressive. Especially when comparing it to the DVD side.

Movie: 1/5
PQ: 4.5/5
AQ: 3.5/5
Overall: 1.5/5

Although it is Demo material,, if your friends actually watch it they may actually want to go Blu just for the fact that this would imply that HD gets crappy movies!
Old 12-22-2007, 03:32 PM
Always SpartanJohnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben1080p View Post
This movie was absolute crap! The only time I even smirked was the scenes with Thomas Lennon in them. How could he give this movie a 3.5/5. I understand personal taste,, but knowone over the age of 12 would laugh at this movie. Its not even a movie "just to watch"
Although it sucks,, the PQ was impressive. Especially when comparing it to the DVD side.

Movie: 1/5
PQ: 4.5/5
AQ: 3.5/5
Overall: 1.5/5

Although it is Demo material,, if your friends actually watch it they may actually want to go Blu just for the fact that this would imply that HD gets crappy movies!
LMAO, then just put in Spiderman 3 or Are We Done Yet? on Blu-ray.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanJohnson View Post
LMAO, then just put in Spiderman 3 or Are We Done Yet? on Blu-ray.
very true
Old 12-26-2007, 08:08 PM

My friend gave this movie to me as a "joke" type of Christmas gift, and I actually ended up enjoying it a lot. Those of you who are saying this is absolute crap, obviously haven't seen a lot of crappy movies in your life time, because I've seen way worse than "Balls of Fury." Also, why are you guys taking a movie about a "sudden death" ping pong tournament so seriously?

If you go into this film with the mindset that you're seeing a movie that is meant to be stupid then you will get a few laughs out of this. I actually agree with the 3.5 star ranking for this movie. At the very least, I found it to be more entertaining than Knocked Up
Old 12-27-2007, 01:44 PM

Man..... I thought this movie was gonna rock seeing as how it got a higher movie score than Transformers....... but damn.... It just wasn't that funny.... the main character was hella lame..... Walken was cool.... but didn't quite cut it for me..... they shoulda used more of Terry Crews (big black dude)..... his scene was the best part of the film........ damn..... $30....