The Messengers audio issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 05-21-2009, 09:09 AM

Default The Messengers audio issue

This is the DFW release from the Netherlands. I just watched it last night, and while the video was stunning, there seemed to be something wrong with the audio. The disc has Dolby Digital and DTS-HD audio tracks, and both of them had a strange warbling quality to them. It was really apparent in the music, but it seemed to be there throughout the whole movie. I tried the disc out on an A1 and an A20, over optical and HDMI audio connections and the warbling was always there. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:43 AM

I have not heard any issues with this movies. Perhaps you can check in AVS forums, they might have a specific thread for it.

I've been meaning to pick this tittle up, but haven't had any luck. You want to sell it to me?
Old 05-21-2009, 08:31 PM

I havent watched my copy in a month or two but I have watched it 2 or 3 times and dont remember any audio issues at all with it. I watched it either on a XA-2 or a Onkyo 805 via HDMI bitstreaming to a Onkyo 606 the last time I watched it but dont know if I listened to the DTS or Dolby track (whichever one was the first English audio I came to more than likely it was the DTS track however)