mystery of the nile - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 04-07-2009, 12:56 PM

Default mystery of the nile

I just got done watching this movie man do I wish I didn't pay as much as I did for it the movie wasn't great at all. The only saving grace is the pq.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:22 PM

Where did you get this title from? How much did you pay for it?
Old 04-07-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
Where did you get this title from? How much did you pay for it?
I got on ebay $120 shipped its the only place I have seen it.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:30 PM

It is orderable on dvdgo.com for 23.99 euros, but I'm not sure if they can actually get any in stock.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble View Post
It is orderable on dvdgo.com for 23.99 euros, but I'm not sure if they can actually get any in stock.
yeah I saw that too, I think I'm going to place an order and see if I get it same thing with underworld
Old 04-07-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodylobster View Post
yeah I saw that too, I think I'm going to place an order and see if I get it same thing with underworld
So, you start a thread about the title saying you thought "it wasn't great at all", but you're going to try to see if you can get another copy from DVDGo?

Granted, you did say you wish you hadn't paid as much as you did, but still, with shipping cost, it will run you almost $50 from DVDGo, IF they can find a copy - when they say "Out of Stock, 3-10 days delivery" it means "we'll take your order - and payment - and see if we can find a copy somewhere for you. And, it pays to have a LOT of patience with DVDGo. We did a group order here about a year or so ago, and it took about 2 months to get everything in. Once they've obtained everything you ordered and it's ready to ship, if it is your first time ordering from them they'll send you an Authorization form you have to fill out and fax back to them.

As for Mystery of the Nile itself, it's an Imax documentary, so it pays to have low expectations. I thought it was pretty good; my complaint would be that I thought it ended too quickly once they get to Egypt, the ending felt rushed.

Of course, my real complaint it that I sent my disc from the DVDGo group buy back to Blockbuster Online, instead of the blu-ray rental disc with similar colored disc artwork, never to be seen again.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
So, you start a thread about the title saying you thought "it wasn't great at all", but you're going to try to see if you can get another copy from DVDGo?

Granted, you did say you wish you hadn't paid as much as you did, but still, with shipping cost, it will run you almost $50 from DVDGo, IF they can find a copy - when they say "Out of Stock, 3-10 days delivery" it means "we'll take your order - and payment - and see if we can find a copy somewhere for you. And, it pays to have a LOT of patience with DVDGo. We did a group order here about a year or so ago, and it took about 2 months to get everything in. Once they've obtained everything you ordered and it's ready to ship, if it is your first time ordering from them they'll send you an Authorization form you have to fill out and fax back to them.

As for Mystery of the Nile itself, it's an Imax documentary, so it pays to have low expectations. I thought it was pretty good; my complaint would be that I thought it ended too quickly once they get to Egypt, the ending felt rushed.

Of course, my real complaint it that I sent my disc from the DVDGo group buy back to Blockbuster Online, instead of the blu-ray rental disc with similar colored disc artwork, never to be seen again.
I want another copy because mine came loose when it was shipped and it was pretty scratched up. I've ordered from them before so I know their slow with getting everything out.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:13 PM

I have it and didn't pay much for it. I seen it was aired on PBS the other night...