Xploited Cinema 15% off sale - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-21-2009, 11:00 AM

Default Xploited Cinema 15% off sale

Thought I'd put this here instead of the HD DVD Bargains forum as the Bargains forum these days seems more about picking up Universal combos for $4.99. . . . .

Found this in the Blu-ray Imports sections, thanks Redbull - Xploited Cinema is having a 15% discount sale on all items, through the end of January. Details on the site's main page, but the code is XP15, and it works for everything, including titles on sale (for HD DVD, they have a couple of UK titles reduced on sale).

I finally succumbed and picked up In the Land of Women (Italian) $33.95, and Equilibrium (Japanese) for $42.45. Media Mail shipping $2.98 for both.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:31 AM

Ugh, So tempting...............

I really want a new copy of The Machinist since mine was stolen.

Congrats on Equilibrium I love it I paid 50 for mine
Old 01-21-2009, 11:32 AM

thanks a lot cochise and redbull - you MADE me spend another $45 on an HD DVD import. I picked up Equilibrium even though I've never seen it.
And I guess I should also thank all you guys who posted stellar reviews of this flick.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:37 AM

I will be shocked if Equilibrium makes it through the end of the month on Xploited without selling out, especially with the butchered BD that came out recently calling more attention to it and besides its available nowhere else.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
thanks a lot cochise and redbull - you MADE me spend another $45 on an HD DVD import. I picked up Equilibrium even though I've never seen it.
And I guess I should also thank all you guys who posted stellar reviews of this flick.
I already cursed out Redbull in the Blu-ray import section.

I have Equilibrium on DVD and it upconverts really well on my Onkyo HD player (also In the Land of Women), which is how I put off buying the HD DVD so long, but the stellar reviews of the PQ finally did me in - the 15% discount helps alot, plus the dismal reviews of the UK Blu-ray. It's a great movie, it's somewhat similar to The Matrix (set in the future with humans under totalitarian control), so it you like The Matrix you should enjoy Equilibrium.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:03 PM

Yes, I do like those types of movies so I will probably like it. Not sure exactly how this movie slipped by without me ever watching it. I've had it in my netflix queue forever but new releases just kept pushing it down the list.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:29 PM

this sucks I wish I knew about this earlier today I just dropped $140 on a band of brothers set. Hopefully the stuff I want will still be there friday.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodylobster View Post
this sucks I wish I knew about this earlier today I just dropped $140 on a band of brothers set. Hopefully the stuff I want will still be there friday.
Assuming you got the HD DVD version, no worries, that's a real good price.
Old 01-21-2009, 12:46 PM

Hey CochiseGuy good to see you finally broke down and bought Equilibrium. I'm so glad I was able to make you spend your money...........haha
I also broke down yesterday and bought Equilbrium after I read about the crappy version. The 15% discount was a deal breaker for me.

If you're on the fence about EQUILIBRIUM I would act now before it's too late. The of EQUILBRIUM is the best version to date on any HI DEF format and Tony is the only one that still has a few copies left.

Peace
Old 01-21-2009, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Assuming you got the HD DVD version, no worries, that's a real good price.
yeah it's the hd dvd version.