Taxi 3 ????? - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 01-02-2009, 11:33 AM

Default Taxi 3 ?????

What is this? Its only 10 euros shipped... He has more than 30 available

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:WNAFP:US:1123
Old 01-02-2009, 11:51 AM

Not sure why he says it has an HD DVD, the DVD was released in 2004 according to Amazon.de

http://www.amazon.de/Taxi-3-Samy-Nac...0914644&sr=1-1
Old 01-02-2009, 12:09 PM

It is listed several places as being an HD DVD but as far as I can tell from the packaging (close ups of it) there is no HD DVD logo on it anywhere which is what I look for first. No logo no go as far as I am concerned until someone proves me wrong (it has happened )

This is probably one of those discs that also has a WMV disc with it that everyone lists as having an HD DVD that were so popular in Europe apparently
Old 01-02-2009, 12:11 PM

oh well I ordered one... If I don't cancel it I'll report back on my foolish purchase when I get it. I seen them talking about it on blu-ray so I thought it was legit
Old 01-02-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
It is listed several places as being an HD DVD but as far as I can tell from the packaging (close ups of it) there is no HD DVD logo on it anywhere which is what I look for first. No logo no go as far as I am concerned until someone proves me wrong (it has happened )

This is probably one of those discs that also has a WMV disc with it that everyone lists as having an HD DVD that were so popular in Europe apparently
Yep, it has the WMV disc. Here it is (I thought it was a German release, but it's the French one)

Fonctions DVD :
  • • Une Edition 2 DVD:
    • DVD 1:
    • Le film
    • Le commentaire audio du ralisateur
    • DVD 2:
    • Les coulisses du tournage (52 min)
    • Le Making Of de la BOF avec les interviews des artistes (59 min)
    • 2 clips vidos
    • Le court-mtrage "Gouille et Gar" doubl par Benot Poelvoorde et Elie Semoun
    • 3 minutes du film exclusives et explosives du film Michel Vaillant
    • La vido du jeu Taxi 3
    • La vido du jeu Rayman 3
    • La dmo jouable de Rayman 3 version PC
    • En exclusivit 3 vidos "Wanna Kick Rayman"
    • 20 minutes de bandes-annonces
    • DVD 3:
    • Le film en Haute Dfinition (uniquement lisible sur PC, format son : WMA 9 Pro)
    • Le commentaire audio
    • Le Making Of
    • Les courts-mtrages
    • Les clips
    • Les bandes-annonces
  • Prιsentation : Snap Case
http://www.amazon.fr/Taxi-3-%C3%89dition-DVD/dp/B0001ZXBQE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1230916378&sr=1-4
Old 01-02-2009, 12:21 PM

Fawk it I'll take one for the team and find out 100%
They were talking about it in the Blu-ray imports.
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...titles-21.html
EDIT: but it looks like it didn't play on a PS3 so it is either locked or not even a blu-ray either.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
Yep, it has the WMV disc. Here it is (I thought it was a German release, but it's the French one)

• DVD 3:
• Le film en Haute Dfinition (uniquement lisible sur PC, format son : WMA 9 Pro)
That reminded me I have on old DVD - T2 "Extreme DVD", with the movie on disc 2 in Windows Media 9 HD (720p). I was curious if WMV 9 was close enough to VC-1 that it would play on an HD DVD player. It doesn't; the DVD is programmed so that if you select the HD version in a player, it tells you that you that it only plays on a PC with Interactual player. In fact, on a PC if you try selecting the HD version in any player but Interactual, it gives you the same message (I tried WMP 11 and Media Player Classic). So I let it install the Interactual player, and after it upgraded to the current version, it played.

I have T2 HD DVD; I was just curious if some of these WMV 9 titles would play in HD on an HD DVD player. Look like not.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
That reminded me I have on old DVD - T2 "Extreme DVD", with the movie on disc 2 in Windows Media 9 HD (720p). I was curious if WMV 9 was close enough to VC-1 that it would play on an HD DVD player. It doesn't; the DVD is programmed so that if you select the HD version in a player, it tells you that you that it only plays on a PC with Interactual player. In fact, on a PC if you try selecting the HD version in any player but Interactual, it gives you the same message (I tried WMP 11 and Media Player Classic). So I let it install the Interactual player, and after it upgraded to the current version, it played.

I have T2 HD DVD; I was just curious if some of these WMV 9 titles would play in HD on an HD DVD player. Look like not.
Nope. The only HD DVD player that will play WMV files is the Xbox 360.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allargon View Post
Nope. The only HD DVD player that will play WMV files is the Xbox 360.
It will also play them if it's connected to the 360, or just the PC?
Old 01-03-2009, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
Fawk it I'll take one for the team and find out 100%
They were talking about it in the Blu-ray imports.
http://forums.highdefdigest.com/blu-...titles-21.html
EDIT: but it looks like it didn't play on a PS3 so it is either locked or not even a blu-ray either.
Taxi 3 versions that were discussed in Blu-ray imports thread were a French BD import and a Japanese BD, this thread's disc is some other version. The French BD release has some SD PAL or 1080i / 25 fps material before the movie or it's region locked which prevents it from working in some region A players.