Need help with Armee Im Schatten subtitles - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 12-23-2008, 11:20 PM

Default Need help with Armee Im Schatten subtitles

Bought this knowing that there was no English audio/subs but noted that the title was listed as having French subtitles. I can follow along (just about) as long as there are French subtitles, but not just with French audio. I can't for the life of me get it to display the subtitles in French. When you click on "sous-titres" it just goes to a description of how to use your remote to move the subtitles around. There is a an option (with a check box) called "bande d'information". I selected that so that it had a check mark and nothing. When I do the same thing from the German menu there are German subtitles! Very frustrating.

Any advice? I'm playing this with a 360 add-on. Even when I try to access the subtitles via the 360 onscreen menu I just get "action not available".
Old 12-24-2008, 04:54 AM

he has the German version.
that's his problem.
the French version is "L'ombres des Armee" or something like that.
the French version may have subs.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:31 AM

Rear cover says "Untertitel: Deutsch, Franzosisch, Niederlandisch, Finnisch, Norwegisch, Schwedisch". As I said above, I am able to access a French menu that lists "bande d'information" and "sous-titres".
Old 12-24-2008, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermono View Post
Rear cover says "Untertitel: Deutsch, Franzosisch, Niederlandisch, Finnisch, Norwegisch, Schwedisch". As I said above, I am able to access a French menu that lists "bande d'information" and "sous-titres".
I have the French version but it doesn't list having French subs in the back, nor does it show them when I choose "French" when I put it the disc for the first time. All the subs are forced in the language you choose (except French in my case, and it sounds like yours is the same), so there really is no menu option to choose subtitles independently of the audio track (as is common with most Studio Canal releases). It appears that the German version you have incorrectly list French subs.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:36 AM

Yep Bruce, looks that way. I've found a workaround though. I downloaded an English SRT file for the film which I'm going to print out and use as my guide while watching the movie.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:55 PM

guess I was wrong.
sorry.
Old 12-24-2008, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermono View Post
Not sure about the Xbox add-on, but on a standalone HD DVD player, pressing the subtitles button on the remote and then the right > toggle button should cycle through all available subs on the disc.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Not sure about the Xbox add-on, but on a standalone HD DVD player, pressing the subtitles button on the remote and then the right > toggle button should cycle through all available subs on the disc.
I could try that on the HD-A2 I bought for my mom and dad, but I won't be seeing them again until the end of January. Plus it is a 2+ hr film, so I think I will go with the English printout option (less chance of my rickety French letting me down).
Old 12-25-2008, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
That doesn't work with all discs, for example these Studio Canal discs have subtitles done with HDi and they are basically just linked to menu language selection and not selectable by any other means.

Even though I remove "Prevented User Options" with AnyDVD HD, the PC environment doesn't allow subtitle selection through the playback software's menu either with this disc (I tried with the French release).
Old 12-25-2008, 03:12 PM

I have the German and the French discs and can try them both on the PC and the standalone players of you like. Let mw know what exactly it is that you want it to do and I will see what I can do for you. BTW if you hook the 360 Add On to you PC you can use that SRT file with Titlesdrome and have it put the English Subs in for you