Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 10-01-2008, 11:42 PM

Default Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life

I didnt see this one in the reviews section. I was curious to see whats some opinions are on it and if its worth picking up?
Old 10-01-2008, 11:54 PM

5/5pq from what I heard but movie itself maybe a 3/5, i thought the first was better.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Yes, excellent PQ & AQ; I'd give it 4.5/5 for both. And I didn't care for the first one and only rented it. I only went for Cradle of Life because it was a hard to get title and Christophles was able to get it for me at a pretty decent price. I was impressed, I liked it much better than the first - for me, a much more interesting storyline and much better sets; that underwater ancient city was pretty cool. And I doubt it will come out on blu-ray anytime soon, Paramount only released the first one in HD/BD.
Old 10-03-2008, 07:11 PM

last i checked it was pretty hard to come by.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
Yes, excellent PQ & AQ; I'd give it 4.5/5 for both. And I didn't care for the first one and only rented it. I only went for Cradle of Life because it was a hard to get title and Christophles was able to get it for me at a pretty decent price. I was impressed, I liked it much better than the first - for me, a much more interesting storyline and much better sets; that underwater ancient city was pretty cool. And I doubt it will come out on blu-ray anytime soon, Paramount only released the first one in HD/BD.
Ditto in every aspect.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by themiz69 View Post
last i checked it was pretty hard to come by.

Frequently on Ebay and usually goes for about $50.00 on HD. But you can get it on Blu ray from Amazon.DE for $21.00 to $22.00 depending on the currancy exchange rate. That's where I got mine from. GeForce619 currently has a copy or two for sale here in the Blu trade forums
Old 11-15-2008, 11:03 PM

I purchased it on Blu from Tony at exlpoited. He did not have it in HD at that time.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:02 PM

Cool Tomb Raider TCOL Blu-Ray

Can anyone confirm that the German release is not region locked and will play on a US BD player or PS3? I have seen conflicting reports on this one... I would buy the HD DVD, but $50 on eBay... ouch!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmayer33 View Post
Can anyone confirm that the German release is not region locked and will play on a US BD player or PS3? I have seen conflicting reports on this one... I would buy the HD DVD, but $50 on eBay... ouch!
Yes, it's region free and no PAL content before the menu that would affect a PS3. But both the HD DVD and blu-ray have the English audio in DTS at 1.5 mbps. There's some debate as to whether it's DTS-HD High Resolution, which the labeling claims, or just standard DTS, which players & receivers report it as. As DTS can be encoded as high as 1.5 mbps and DTS High Resolution can be encoded as low as 1.5 mbps, I think it's just the hardware mis-reporting it, as I have the HD DVD and think the English audio is excellent.

There is a new Tomb Raider 1+2 blu-ray combo pack from Kinowelt and that TR2 does have full English DTS Master Audio.

And yeah, the HD DVD has always been expensive, but you just have to work at it - I got mine for around $20 in like new condition, bought it directly from eBay.de (Germany).