Goal The Dream Begins - High-Def Digest Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 AM
GeorgeInCali's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 64
Default Goal The Dream Begins

Could anyone tell me how much it will cost me for this tittle,and how much is the shipping ?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/GOAL-STEP1-%...772448&sr=1-36
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Liqwid's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,170
Default

$46.80, and that doesn't include shipping.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2008, 10:42 AM
GeorgeInCali's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 64
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
$46.80, and that doesn't include shipping.
Thanks,but OMG,I'll just get it on Bluray.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2008, 11:45 AM
kannisto's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,590
Default

HMV has it at 20% discount with multibuy option (need to buy at least 2 qualifying titles to get that discount):

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/1254176

I think their international shipping is also cheaper than Amazon JP's.

I paid 1480 yen for mine 2nd hand (used but flawless). They used to be fairly easy to find in a B&M store that sold 2nd hand titles.

I think the movie has a bit of Spanish dialogue too and this release has only Japanese subs. I think it's pretty limited though. I've still yet to watch it.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,950
Default

Might want to double check on the Marketplace on Amazon.jp as well. Lots of discs a lot cheaper that way even with the shipping costs if you are only looking for one or two discs

I haven't watched my copy either..But then again I haven't watched Zidane yet either..Or any other soccer/football movie for that matter

BTW if you want a quick and dirty reference for conversion costs just divide the number by 100 (so 10,000Y would be $100)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 8,420
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
Might want to double check on the Marketplace on Amazon.jp as well. Lots of discs a lot cheaper that way even with the shipping costs if you are only looking for one or two discs

I haven't watched my copy either..But then again I haven't watched Zidane yet either..Or any other soccer/football movie for that matter

BTW if you want a quick and dirty reference for conversion costs just divide the number by 100 (so 10,000Y would be $100)
I rented the U.S. blu-ray - pretty decent movie. Anyone know what the audio is? HMV just lists Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1 for English - if it has at least DTS-HD I might be tempted. The Toshiba Entertainment releases have amazing PQ - I threw Jersey Girl into an order expecting to watch it once & sell it, but kept it because the PQ is amazing - even if though the pink DVD sized case stand out in my collection like a sore thumb.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
bruceames's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
I rented the U.S. blu-ray - pretty decent movie. Anyone know what the audio is? HMV just lists Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1 for English - if it has at least DTS-HD I might be tempted. The Toshiba Entertainment releases have amazing PQ - I threw Jersey Girl into an order expecting to watch it once & sell it, but kept it because the PQ is amazing - even if though the pink DVD sized case stand out in my collection like a sore thumb.
It only has DD+ (1.5 mbps), which was rather typical for Toshiba Ent. releases. You're absolutely right on the PQ. Japanese releases are expensive, but the PQ is nearly always top notch and I have never been disappointed in that aspect.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
It only has DD+ (1.5 mbps), which was rather typical for Toshiba Ent. releases. You're absolutely right on the PQ. Japanese releases are expensive, but the PQ is nearly always top notch and I have never been disappointed in that aspect.
Just watched "The Gift" Japanese import and I have to say that the movie was quite good but I thought the video PQ was not what I was expecting from a Toshiba Japanese disc. VERY grainy and overall seemed rather "smooshy" . This may be the way the movie was shot since it is a very foggy, dark, misty movie but I found it to be a little of a downer of a transfer
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-03-2008, 05:37 PM
bruceames's Avatar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
Just watched "The Gift" Japanese import and I have to say that the movie was quite good but I thought the video PQ was not what I was expecting from a Toshiba Japanese disc. VERY grainy and overall seemed rather "smooshy" . This may be the way the movie was shot since it is a very foggy, dark, misty movie but I found it to be a little of a downer of a transfer
I watched that one about 3-4 months ago, nice movie. I don't remember being impressed with the PQ, but I also don't remember being disappointed either. I'll have to pop it in again to see what you're referring to, but I would think it's from the way it was shot and not from a sub par transfer (I wonder how the DVD is). Have you checked out the PQ on The Univited?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-03-2008, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I watched that one about 3-4 months ago, nice movie. I don't remember being impressed with the PQ, but I also don't remember being disappointed either. I'll have to pop it in again to see what you're referring to, but I would think it's from the way it was shot and not from a sub par transfer (I wonder how the DVD is). Have you checked out the PQ on The Univited?
Umm do I have the Uninvited? I really need to catch up on my movie watching
Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
And it begins. The first complaint thread on "and it begins" begins SRFan High Definition Smackdown 7 02-13-2008 06:41 PM
And it Begins. I've had it with "And it begins" cloudy High Definition Smackdown 26 02-13-2008 06:40 PM
Another spectacular own-goal from UK HD-DVD irascian High Definition Smackdown 10 05-05-2007 08:27 PM
'Goal! The Dream Begins' - High-Def Digest Review jed Blu-ray Software General Discussion 2 02-22-2007 02:10 PM
Sony Meets Goal for Shipping 1 Million PlayStation 3s marzetta7 High Definition Smackdown 54 01-09-2007 10:15 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off