Goal The Dream Begins - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-03-2008, 10:15 AM

Default Goal The Dream Begins

Could anyone tell me how much it will cost me for this tittle,and how much is the shipping ?

http://www.amazon.co.jp/GOAL-STEP1-%...772448&sr=1-36
Old 08-03-2008, 10:26 AM

$46.80, and that doesn't include shipping.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liqwid View Post
$46.80, and that doesn't include shipping.
Thanks,but OMG,I'll just get it on Bluray.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:45 AM

HMV has it at 20% discount with multibuy option (need to buy at least 2 qualifying titles to get that discount):

http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/1254176

I think their international shipping is also cheaper than Amazon JP's.

I paid 1480 yen for mine 2nd hand (used but flawless). They used to be fairly easy to find in a B&M store that sold 2nd hand titles.

I think the movie has a bit of Spanish dialogue too and this release has only Japanese subs. I think it's pretty limited though. I've still yet to watch it.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:55 PM

Might want to double check on the Marketplace on Amazon.jp as well. Lots of discs a lot cheaper that way even with the shipping costs if you are only looking for one or two discs

I haven't watched my copy either..But then again I haven't watched Zidane yet either..Or any other soccer/football movie for that matter

BTW if you want a quick and dirty reference for conversion costs just divide the number by 100 (so 10,000Y would be $100)
Old 08-03-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
Might want to double check on the Marketplace on Amazon.jp as well. Lots of discs a lot cheaper that way even with the shipping costs if you are only looking for one or two discs

I haven't watched my copy either..But then again I haven't watched Zidane yet either..Or any other soccer/football movie for that matter

BTW if you want a quick and dirty reference for conversion costs just divide the number by 100 (so 10,000Y would be $100)
I rented the U.S. blu-ray - pretty decent movie. Anyone know what the audio is? HMV just lists Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1 for English - if it has at least DTS-HD I might be tempted. The Toshiba Entertainment releases have amazing PQ - I threw Jersey Girl into an order expecting to watch it once & sell it, but kept it because the PQ is amazing - even if though the pink DVD sized case stand out in my collection like a sore thumb.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
I rented the U.S. blu-ray - pretty decent movie. Anyone know what the audio is? HMV just lists Dolby Digital & DTS 5.1 for English - if it has at least DTS-HD I might be tempted. The Toshiba Entertainment releases have amazing PQ - I threw Jersey Girl into an order expecting to watch it once & sell it, but kept it because the PQ is amazing - even if though the pink DVD sized case stand out in my collection like a sore thumb.
It only has DD+ (1.5 mbps), which was rather typical for Toshiba Ent. releases. You're absolutely right on the PQ. Japanese releases are expensive, but the PQ is nearly always top notch and I have never been disappointed in that aspect.
Old 08-03-2008, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
It only has DD+ (1.5 mbps), which was rather typical for Toshiba Ent. releases. You're absolutely right on the PQ. Japanese releases are expensive, but the PQ is nearly always top notch and I have never been disappointed in that aspect.
Just watched "The Gift" Japanese import and I have to say that the movie was quite good but I thought the video PQ was not what I was expecting from a Toshiba Japanese disc. VERY grainy and overall seemed rather "smooshy" . This may be the way the movie was shot since it is a very foggy, dark, misty movie but I found it to be a little of a downer of a transfer
Old 08-03-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
Just watched "The Gift" Japanese import and I have to say that the movie was quite good but I thought the video PQ was not what I was expecting from a Toshiba Japanese disc. VERY grainy and overall seemed rather "smooshy" . This may be the way the movie was shot since it is a very foggy, dark, misty movie but I found it to be a little of a downer of a transfer
I watched that one about 3-4 months ago, nice movie. I don't remember being impressed with the PQ, but I also don't remember being disappointed either. I'll have to pop it in again to see what you're referring to, but I would think it's from the way it was shot and not from a sub par transfer (I wonder how the DVD is). Have you checked out the PQ on The Univited?
Old 08-03-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceames View Post
I watched that one about 3-4 months ago, nice movie. I don't remember being impressed with the PQ, but I also don't remember being disappointed either. I'll have to pop it in again to see what you're referring to, but I would think it's from the way it was shot and not from a sub par transfer (I wonder how the DVD is). Have you checked out the PQ on The Univited?
Umm do I have the Uninvited? I really need to catch up on my movie watching