In The Land Of Women - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 08-02-2008, 06:01 PM

Default In The Land Of Women

Picked this up from Chris about a week ago with my bulk Polish order. I watched it last night and the transfer is amazing. Not sure how Mondo Entertainment gold ahold of this film from Warner, but they sure did a superb job with the telecine master. Colors and picture detail were incredible throughout the entire movie. As for the movie itself, I enjoyed it. Yea it's a chick flick, but the story is simple and heart felt and a pretty good coming of age film.

Reccomended!

P.S- My girlfriend loved it. Duh? lol
Old 08-03-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL74 View Post
Picked this up from Chris about a week ago with my bulk Polish order. I watched it last night and the transfer is amazing. Not sure how Mondo Entertainment gold ahold of this film from Warner, but they sure did a superb job with the telecine master. Colors and picture detail were incredible throughout the entire movie. As for the movie itself, I enjoyed it. Yea it's a chick flick, but the story is simple and heart felt and a pretty good coming of age film.

Reccomended!

P.S- My girlfriend loved it. Duh? lol
Yeah, I liked it too. PQ is really good, especially stacked up against Trust the Man, which was rather disappointing in that sense.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:56 PM

I rented the DVD from BB Online & watched it last night. I do this when I'm trying to talk myself out of buying an expensive import of questionable repeat viewing value. It worked.

It was actually better than I expected - I've never cared for that dude from The OC, and chick flick is not my genre. Nice, touching movie but once was enough for me. And it upconverted really well and I don't think high-def audio would do much for this particular film.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CochiseGuy View Post
I rented the DVD from BB Online & watched it last night. I do this when I'm trying to talk myself out of buying an expensive import of questionable repeat viewing value. It worked.

It was actually better than I expected - I've never cared for that dude from The OC, and chick flick is not my genre. Nice, touching movie but once was enough for me. And it upconverted really well and I don't think high-def audio would do much for this particular film.
aww man u punked out.......lol Just kidding. I won't watch my again anytime soon, but the transfer really is amazing on this one.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned

Ive been looking for the HD DVD version...so far Xploited is the cheapest at $40 (+$4 for shipping). Anywhere else to purchase this or anyone want to sell their import to me?
Old 08-10-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Ive been looking for the HD DVD version...so far Xploited is the cheapest at $40 (+$4 for shipping). Anywhere else to purchase this or anyone want to sell their import to me?
I got this from Chris from a Group import thread and even then it cost me $38.00. If you really want this movie, I would just get it from Xploited while u still can. Once Tony runs out of stock, it definitely will be hard to find this anywhere else.

It's not an item many people own and I've yet to see anybody sell one on the forums in here. And even if somebody did sell one, it will still bring a $35.00 to $40.00 cost tag. Most of the Japanese 's are the same in that regard also, they just cost more.

I'm on the prowl for
XXX Japanese import
Reign Of Fire Japanese import
Equilbrium Japanese import
All still holding a hefty over $40.00 price tag.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Banned

Yeah, I didn't know this one existed until a few weeks ago. I couldn't imagine there being more then a couple thousand pressed - so it seems like something I should grab now.

How is the audio? It does have an English DTS HD track right? Are subtitles forced?

ALso, the case it comes in, is it like a typical American HD DVD case or the bigger fatter ones? I plan on making custom coverart for this one in the next few days (Already did The Graduate, Elephant Man and Death at a Funeral)
Old 08-10-2008, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL74 View Post
I'm on the prowl for
XXX Japanese import
Reign Of Fire Japanese import
Equilbrium Japanese import
All still holding a hefty over $40.00 price tag.
I picked up Reign of Fire from HMV.co.jp for around $34, but with shipping it knocked it up to around $38. But you have to buy at least one other HD DVD/BD to get their 25% discount; I got Jersey Girl with it - my token chick flick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Yeah, I didn't know this one existed until a few weeks ago. I couldn't imagine there being more then a couple thousand pressed - so it seems like something I should grab now.

How is the audio? It does have an English DTS HD track right? Are subtitles forced?

ALso, the case it comes in, is it like a typical American HD DVD case or the bigger fatter ones? I plan on making custom coverart for this one in the next few days (Already did The Graduate, Elephant Man and Death at a Funeral)
According to the listing at Xploited Cinema, it has DTS-HD Master Audio for both English & Italian. Red Bull will have to answer on the case size - the only Italian HD DVD I have is La Sconosciuta, and it came in an American sized case.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Banned

Just ordered it from Xploited!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:10 PM

English DTS-HD MA confirmed, no forced subs, American sized "slim" case. Hope that helps