Problems with TESTOSTERON and KATYN - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 07-01-2008, 03:46 PM

Question Problems with TESTOSTERON and KATYN

Just got these in and sadly they won't play on my A30 I read that KATYN hasn't been working in any of the 3rd gen Toshibas, but I've seen nothing about TESTOSTERON. Anyway, can anyone confirm if they'll work in the LG dual format player? I've been contemplating picking one up and this may sway my decision. Or maybe just which players have had good results. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Just got these in and sadly they won't play on my A30 I read that KATYN hasn't been working in any of the 3rd gen Toshibas, but I've seen nothing about TESTOSTERON. Anyway, can anyone confirm if they'll work in the LG dual format player? I've been contemplating picking one up and this may sway my decision. Or maybe just which players have had good results. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!
Yeah, I just tried both of mine out on my A35 and its a no go, but yet they work just fine on an A20...go figure.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 PM

In my case Testosteron works on my PC's LG drive but Katyn does not. I got Testosteron when it first came out so it might be that later pressings are different (?). I need to check if my Testosteron works on my RD-A301 as Katyn did not. Both worked fine on my 2nd generation Toshiba HD-XF2.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I'm really glad that you posted this, because I almost bought this title today-I too have an A30!
Old 07-07-2008, 09:09 AM

Well, I was able to get them to play on my 360 add-on (once I got it back from my friend) so at least I can watch them on that. Still thinking of getting the LG (unless they have a newer one coming which I highly doubt) so I'll report back with those findings unless someone beats me to it.
Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Well, I was able to get them to play on my 360 add-on (once I got it back from my friend) so at least I can watch them on that. Still thinking of getting the LG (unless they have a newer one coming which I highly doubt) so I'll report back with those findings unless someone beats me to it.
The LG BH300 has been canceled. They have stopped production of the current model the BH200 so get it while you can. LG announced awhile back they were getting out of the combo player business.
Old 07-31-2008, 06:32 AM

Default Small Update

OK, so I finally managed to get a LG BH200 and I can confirm that TESTOSTERON does indeed work but sadly KATYN does not. Figured I would post this in case anyone was still intersted .
Old 09-02-2008, 12:12 PM

Will Testosteron and Katyn play on a onkyo HD-DV805 and/or LG BH200?
Old 09-02-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junglalien View Post
Will Testosteron and Katyn play on a onkyo HD-DV805 and/or LG BH200?
They will play on the Onkyo player. Not sure about the LG.