La Sconosciuta [Italy] HD-DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-20-2008, 01:25 AM

La Sconosciuta [Italy] HD-DVD

Hello,

Does anyone own this title? The rating on IMDB is really good:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494271/
and it's from the director of Cinema Paradisio.

http://www.dvd-store.it/ has it for 10 euros but they don't ship to North America.

Many places report that it does not have any English subs but the SD edition does have them (as seen on XploitedCinema). Can anyone owning this title confirm that it does not have any English subtitles?

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2008, 01:34 AM

I bought this a few days ago, I'll check the subs when the disc arrives.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nipa View Post
I bought this a few days ago, I'll check the subs when the disc arrives.
Did you buy it from dvd-store.it? Do they ship to your country (and does it happen to be Finland)?

Thanks for info
Old 06-20-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
Did you buy it from dvd-store.it? Do they ship to your country (and does it happen to be Finland)?

Thanks for info
Kannisto, if you find a way to get this title out of Italy, drop me a line. I'd also like to order a copy!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:49 AM

I'm going on a holiday trip to Finland in 2nd half of July so I figured that if they ship to Finland I might arrange a shipment to my parents' house while I'm going to be there. However, I can't make any large group orders as I don't want to carry lots of discs in my travel luggage or make any mass shipments while I'm on holiday. It wouldn't happen right away anyway as my departure to holiday is about 1 month from now.

I could probably help you out in case that idea works out but I can't promise similar help to everybody else in these forums. I need to see if they ship to Finland in the first place as well
Old 06-20-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
I got mine from Ebay.it. There were two sellers offering it at the time, the other copy might still be available. I checked dvd-store.it too and it looked like they'd ship to Finland (yeah, I'm a finn), but I couldn't find exact costs of shipping anywhere and went for the more conveniently available discs on Ebay.

If you buy something from Ebay.it try to negotiate for lower shipping costs with the seller, the Italians seem to want to send everything in registered mail and that can be expensive.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I got mine from Ebay.it. There were two sellers offering it at the time, the other copy might still be available. I checked dvd-store.it too and it looked like they'd ship to Finland (yeah, I'm a finn), but I couldn't find exact costs of shipping anywhere and went for the more conveniently available discs on Ebay.

If you buy something from Ebay.it try to negotiate for lower shipping costs with the seller, the Italians seem to want to send everything in registered mail and that can be expensive.
Thanks for the info. I'll need to look into Ebay.it as well. I suppose ebay sellers might ship to U.S. as well if they ship internationally at all. Might try to go with dvd-store.it though if they ship to Finland. Must be cheaper than the shipping costs to Japan from Italian stores in any case.

I've never actually bought anything from any Ebay yet though, so it might be better for me to practise that in English first I have an account in there though and I've made some losing bids for Taking Lives HD DVDs.

P.S. I guessed you might be the same nipa whose posts I've seen in the Finnish dvdplaza forum
Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 AM

I got this today. VC1, DTS-HD MA Italian with Italian and English subs. No complaints about the PQ or AQ after a quick peek.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:20 AM

hmmmmmm............English subs you say?
I'm shocked quite frankly.
might have to look into this one further.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I got this today. VC1, DTS-HD MA Italian with Italian and English subs. No complaints about the PQ or AQ after a quick peek.
English subs sound way better than I was expecting I probably do have to try and buy it. I just checked about this movie in IMDB earlier today and it seems very interesting.