Spun (2002) HD-DVD - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-19-2008, 05:48 PM

Default Spun (2002) HD-DVD

It appears that an HD-DVD for Spun (2002) was released in Italy as an extra disc for a DVD release. Appears to be completely English friendly. I bought a copy off ebay.it for $28 so I'll post more when I get the disc. Info at dvd.it:

http://film-dvd.dvd.it/dvd-drammatic...lio/id-226769/
Attached Thumbnails
Spun (2002) HD-DVD-spun.jpg  
Old 06-19-2008, 05:59 PM

Now if only I could get DVD.it to actually let me place an order I would be thrilled....
Old 06-19-2008, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormond View Post
Now if only I could get DVD.it to actually let me place an order I would be thrilled....
Yeah I'm blacklisted there as well. Maybe someone who CAN place an order there could do a group import? The time is ripe, as the westerns and Casshern are showing in stock now.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:53 PM

Lets get a Italy Group import thread going. I also want In The Land Of Women from Italy. The SPUN looks like its going to be another rare .
Old 06-19-2008, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL74 View Post
Lets get a Italy Group import thread going. I also want In The Land Of Women from Italy. The SPUN looks like its going to be another rare .
Does no one pay attention to what I import?

I'm just messing with you all...

I have imported movies just this week from DVD.it and I should have them on Monday according to FedEx. I'm curious to see if I get charged a customs fee through FedEx as everything else came through the post office.

In that package is Trust the Man, Bridge to Terabithia, and Under Siege 2 HD DVD. I have extras of all those movies.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophles View Post
Does no one pay attention to what I import?

I'm just messing with you all...

I have imported movies just this week from DVD.it and I should have them on Monday according to FedEx. I'm curious to see if I get charged a customs fee through FedEx as everything else came through the post office.

In that package is Trust the Man, Bridge to Terabithia, and Under Siege 2 HD DVD. I have extras of all those movies.
Hey Chris get another group import thread going just for SPUN..............I bet will get alot of guys who will want it.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
It appears that an HD-DVD for Spun (2002) was released in Italy as an extra disc for a DVD release. Appears to be completely English friendly. I bought a copy off ebay.it for $28 so I'll post more when I get the disc. Info at dvd.it:

http://film-dvd.dvd.it/dvd-drammatic...lio/id-226769/
Thanks for the info Jester217300! I was not aware of this one at all but I have it on order now I do own it on DVD and although it's not among my favorites, I think it had some interesting elements and the price is not too bad at dvd.it. It's got to be a kind of a rare collector's item outside of Italy anyway
Old 06-19-2008, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDBULL74 View Post
Hey Chris get another group import thread going just for SPUN..............I bet will get alot of guys who will want it.
I never even heard of the movie until today. I have no problems doing another import from Italy, I just want to make sure of any hidden custom fees from the first order that arrives on Monday unless its not an issue for the buyers if I do get charged with it.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kannisto View Post
although it's not among my favorites, I think it had some interesting elements
Agreed, I've seen it once and didn't feel the need to buy it. But I'm all for watching it again in high-def. Regardless I'm quite positive I'll be able to get my money back by selling it domestically if I want to.

I'm unsure about my ebay.it purchase, seems like the seller has to order it himself, confirm it's what I want, and then send it to me. But the price was right, I got it shipped for less than dvd.it was charging for the disc itself. The seller already told he'd give me a refund if I requested one and he's a power seller, so oh well. We'll see what happens.
Old 06-20-2008, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester217300 View Post
It appears that an HD-DVD for Spun (2002) was released in Italy as an extra disc for a DVD release.
"dvd in alta definizione destinato a pc con windows media player 9 e lettori compatibili"

There's a bunch of these 'HD DVD' discs released in Italy, they'll be WMV-HD.