Enemy of the Gates Import Issue - High-Def Digest Forums

Old 06-18-2008, 09:15 AM

Unhappy Enemy of the Gates Import Issue

Hi all I just installed the new update from Toshiba for my HD-A30 and it still won't play on my player. Is there any work arounds or anyway to make it play on my a30's?
Armand
Old 06-18-2008, 09:32 AM

not that I know of.
unfortunately this problem has been documented before, but some members reported that later pressings had corrected this problem.
I don't know if that fact has ever been verified, but if true then perhaps you could get a later pressing that would work. You could also try the NEW firmware update and see if that helps. It just came out.
see HD DVD hardware section for details.
I have an A2 and I know that it works on that model.
If you can't ever get it to work you could always sell it.
I could use one.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 AM

Armand--don't know if you saw, but in the other thread a member has posted the way to get a replacement disc for you that will work.
good luck.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:33 AM

Yeah Thanks I am going to try that & see if I can get a replacement disk. Armand
Old 06-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

Yes the Replacement disc does work 100% from the Company Call One that is In charge of the program, Takes about 2 weeks' to get the disc. And the New one did play fine in my 3rd gen Toshiba. Stalingrad isn't the only disc with the issue either, There are about half a dozen inc. A copy of Two Brothers which I don't think I'll even both getting replaced since I have a 2nd Gen player that it works in fine.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:39 PM
Former Member

moved to import section
Old 07-02-2008, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhefer1 View Post
Yes the Replacement disc does work 100% from the Company Call One that is In charge of the program, Takes about 2 weeks' to get the disc. And the New one did play fine in my 3rd gen Toshiba. Stalingrad isn't the only disc with the issue either, There are about half a dozen inc. A copy of Two Brothers which I don't think I'll even both getting replaced since I have a 2nd Gen player that it works in fine.
Anyone have a phone number for the company that used to send replacement discs for Stalingrad? The e-mail address originally found here, now bounces...YIKES...
Old 07-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

In case it's not the same here's the info I used to get me disc replaced

Note:

1. You have to mail them your disc ( just disc no case at your cost)

2. you have to be approved by them for exchange before mailing the disc.

3. be prepared that the disc may never show up back at your place ( at least I was when I mailed it off)

The E-mail I used to communicate with them:
[email protected]

The shipping info:
CALL ONE
Centre de support HD DVD
45, avenue Léon BLUM
Cité Multimédia
64000 PAU

Every communication between them is in French, I used Google translator....
Old 07-04-2008, 07:11 PM

Hi Peter,

Do you need to contact them first via e-mail? If so, the address you provided now bounces and is undeliverable. Any other address/phone?

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Formerly peterhefer1

Here's their website, one of the addresses on contacts matches the address I mailed my disc to. That's the best I can do for you, it looks as though they are just some sort of company hired to replace disc's for Pathe Media, and that they may have ended the replacement program? I didn't see any other e-mail's but feel free to dig threw their info....

And yes they gave me authorization before I sent them my disc. sending it otherwise and I'd say 50% chance you never see it again.

http://www.callone.fr/index.php?opti...&id=1&Itemid=2

here's a online live help link, remember it's france so probably only online in the middle of the night our time, also keep you translator ready. good luck
http://www.callone.fr/index.php?opti...=137&Itemid=87